The Star mC-Print3 receipt printer connects directly to your iPad with a USB cable. To set up the Star mC-Print3 USB, you’ll need to insert paper into the printer, connect the printer to your iPad, and add the printer to the Back Office.
What you'll need
To set up your printer, you'll need:
Lightning to USB cable (for iPads)
Once you’ve gathered your equipment, you’re ready to insert paper into your printer.
Inserting paper into the Star mC-Print3 USB
To insert paper into your printer:
- Pull the lever on the left-hand side on the front of the printer to open the printer’s cover.
- Insert the paper roll so the paper feeds over the top, while making sure the roll remains tight.
- Pull the paper out past the cutter at the front of the printer.
- Push the cover to snap the lever shut.
Once you’ve inserted paper into your printer, you’re ready to connect your printer to your iPad.
Connecting the Star mC-Print3 USB to your iPad
To connect your printer to your iPad:
- Remove the back cover of your printer.
- Connect the lightning cable to your iPad.
- Connect the USB end of your lightning cable to your printer's USB port.
- Plug the power cable of your printer into an electrical outlet.
- Reattach the back cover of your printer.
- Push the power button to turn on your printer. You’ll know you’ve correctly turned on your printer when the LED light flashes green.
Once your printer is connected to your iPad, you’re ready to add your printer to the Back Office.
Adding the Star mC-Print3 USB to the Back Office
To add your printer to the Back Office:
- Log in to the Back Office.
- From the navigation menu, go to Configuration > Printing > Printers.
- Select +Add printer.
- Name the printer after its model, function, or location (e.g., Star mC-Print, Kitchen Printer...).
- Select Star mC-Print3 USB from the Driver drop-down menu.
- Click the checkbox for Disable status check for this printer (useful for old printers).
- Click Save.
Once you’ve added your printer to the Back Office, you’re ready to print a test receipt.
Printing a test receipt
To print a test receipt:
- Log in to the Lightspeed Restaurant app.
- Tap the Status Preview tab (four dots on the navigation bar).
- Tap the reload icon to sync the device with the latest Back Office configuration.
- From the main screen, select your user profile.
- Tap Settings on the navigation bar.
- Select Printing center.
- Tap Star mC-Print3 to perform a print test.
Once you’ve printed a test receipt, you’re ready to start printing tickets and receipts from your POS device.
To create a printing profile for your printer, check out Adding printing profiles.