The Star mC-Print3 receipt printer connects to your network with a LAN cable. Then, your iPad connects to your printer through your network. To set up the Star mC-Print3 LAN, you’ll need to insert paper into the printer, connect the printer to your network, print a self-test page, and add the printer to the Back Office.
What you'll need
To set up your printer, you'll need:
Paper roll (57 x 40 mm)
Once you’ve gathered your equipment, you’re ready to insert paper into your printer.
Inserting paper into the Star mC-Print3 LAN
To insert paper into your printer:
- Pull the lever on the left-hand side on the front of the printer to open the printer’s cover.
- Insert the paper roll so the paper feeds over the top, while making sure the roll remains tight.
- Pull the paper out past the cutter at the front of the printer.
- Push the cover to snap the lever shut.
Once you’ve inserted paper into your printer, you’re ready to connect your printer to your network.
Connecting the Star mC-Print3 LAN to your network
To connect your printer to your network:
- Remove the back cover of your printer.
- Plug the LAN cable into the LAN port of your printer.
- Plug the other end of the LAN cable into the LAN port of your router.
- Connect the power cable to your printer.
- Plug the other end of the power cable into an electrical outlet.
- Reattach the back cover of your printer.
- Push the power button to turn on your printer. You’ll know you’ve correctly turned on your printer when the LED light flashes green.
Once your printer is connected to your network, you’re ready to print a self-test page.
Printing a self-test page on the Star mC-Print3 LAN
The self-test page lists your printer’s Hardware address and IP address, which you'll need to add your printer to the Back Office later on.
To print a self-test page:
- Turn off your printer.
- Hold down the feed button and press the power button until the self-test page prints.
- Release the feed button to stop printing.
- Hold onto the self-test page, as the information will be important for the next section.
Once you’ve printed the self-test page, you’re ready to add your printer to the Back Office.
Adding the Star mC-Print3 LAN to the Back Office
To add your printer to Back Office:
- Log in to the Back Office.
- From the navigation menu, go to Configuration > Printing > Printers.
- Select +Add printer.
- Name the printer Star mC-Print3 LAN.
- Enter the IP address as written on your self-test page.
- Enter the Hardware address as written on your self-test page.
- Select Star mC-Print3 LAN from the Driver drop-down menu.
- Click the checkbox for Disable status check for this printer (useful for old printers).
- Click Save.
Once you’ve added your printer to the Back Office, you’re ready to print a test receipt.
Printing a test receipt
To print a test receipt:
- Log in to the Lightspeed Restaurant app.
- Tap the Status Preview tab (four dots on the navigation bar).
- Tap the reload icon to sync the device with the latest Back Office configuration.
- From the main screen, select your user profile.
- Tap Settings on the navigation bar.
- Select Printing center.
- Tap Star mC-Print3 to print a test receipt.
Once you’ve printed a test receipt, you’re ready to start printing tickets and receipts from your POS device.
To create a printing profile for your printer, check out Adding printing profiles.