When you turn on your new iPad for the first time, set up the device according to your preferences. Your Apple device guides you through these first steps.
After completing this initial setup, please ensure you are connected to the secure Wi-Fi network dedicated to using Lightspeed Restaurant. If not, follow the steps below for updating your network settings.
Changing network settings
Follow the steps below to learn where to change your network settings to configure your device.
If you have checked your network settings and the device is connected to the correct one, skip the steps below and continue to Downloading the Lightspeed POS application.
- Open the Settings app on your iPad.
- Tap Wi-Fi on the navigation bar.
- Select the correct Wi-Fi network from the list of available networks.
- Enter the Wi-Fi password and confirm with Join.
Downloading the Lightspeed POS application
Lightspeed Restaurant POS runs on an app downloadable from the Apple AppStore.
NOTE: Downloading the Lightspeed POS app requires an Apple ID. Don’t have an Apple ID? Visit Apple Support to learn how to set one up.
- Open the App Store on your device.
- Tap Search in the lower right corner.
- Type Lightspeed Restaurant POS (K) in the search bar then tap search.
- Tap GET next to the Lightspeed app.
Linking Lightspeed POS application to Back Office.
It is necessary to link the Lightspeed Restaurant POS application with the Back Office as the app will not work without this connection. You will find the steps to do the linking in our Logging into the POS app article.
Once your settings are configured in your Lightspeed Back Office, you will be enabled to book orders. For further information about setting devices in the Back Office or how to process orders, please refer to these articles: