Customer invoicing enables you to create a bill for goods or services that a customer can pay later, such as for catering or special events. Add a payment method using the IKDEBT code in the Back Office to enable customer invoicing. If desired, customize invoice templates to change how invoices will appear to customers.
Table of contents:
Adding an IKDEBT payment method
Add a payment method in the Back Office using the IKDEBT code to activate the customer invoicing feature and unlock the ability to create new invoices.
- Log in to the Back Office with your Lightspeed Restaurant credentials.
- From the navigation menu, select Configuration > Settings > Payment methods.
- Click Add a payment method.
- Fill in the fields according to the values in the IKDEBT payment method settings table.
- Click Save to create the payment method.
IKDEBT payment method settings
|Name||What the payment method will be called at the POS and on receipts (for example, Invoice or Debtor).|
|Accounting reference (optional)||Used for accounting integrations, such as Lightspeed Accounting. Based on this code, the correct payment method can be mapped.|
|Payment method type||Select Other payment method.|
|All other settings||Configure as desired. See Adding payment methods for help.|
Customizing invoice templates (optional)
Invoice templates control how customer invoices look and the information they contain.
Two invoice templates are automatically set up by default: one for receipt-format invoices printed at the POS and one for letter-format invoices viewed from the Accounts receivable page in the Back Office. Customize these templates in the Back Office to add additional details, such as a refund policy or terms and conditions.
- Customize the receipt format used when printing an invoice at the POS by following the steps here.
- Customize the letter format used when viewing an invoice in the Back Office by following the steps here.