To help you use VIP cards in your business we will explain how to assign a new card to a customer and how to use the VIP card to apply the designated discount.
Assigning a VIP card to a customer
VIP cards can be assigned to customers only through the Back Office. You can only give cards to customers already in your POS with stored email addresses.
- Log in to the Back Office with your Lightspeed Restaurant account credentials.
- From the navigation bar, go to Customers > Loyalty cards > Card batches.
- Select the default VIP tab.
- Select the magnifying glass next to the card batch you will use a card from.
- Scroll to a non-assigned card.
- Click the envelope button in the specific VIP card row.
- Enter the customer's email address in the prompt.
- Click the checkmark button to assign.
- Your customer will receive an email with the corresponding QR code automatically.
Apply VIP cards discount to an order
- Add items to order at your Lightspeed POS.
- On the order screen, tap the scanner in the upper right corner next to the magnifier glass.
- Align the QR code on the VIP card with the rear-facing camera on the POS device so it appears in the blue box on the screen.
- The discount will then be assigned to the appropriate items.
Visit our Lightspeed Loyalty (K Series) video for more information