To use VIP cards at the POS, first assign them to specific customers from the Back Office. Once a VIP card is linked to a customer, scan it in the Restaurant POS app to automatically apply the associated discount to an order.
Table of contents:
Assigning a VIP card to a customer
VIP cards can be assigned to customers only through the Back Office. You can only give cards to customers already in your POS with stored email addresses.
- Log in to the Back Office with your Lightspeed Restaurant account credentials.
- From the navigation bar, go to Customers > Loyalty cards > Card batches.
- Select the default VIP tab.
- Select the magnifying glass next to the card batch you will use a card from.
- Scroll to a non-assigned card.
- Click the envelope button in the specific VIP card row.
- Enter the customer's email address in the prompt.
- Click the checkmark button to assign.
- Your customer will receive an email with the corresponding QR code automatically.
Applying VIP cards discount to an order
Scan the QR code for a VIP card in the Restaurant POS app to automatically apply the associated discount to the customer’s order.
- Add items to order at your Lightspeed POS.
- On the Register screen, tap the scanner in the upper right corner next to the magnifier glass.
- Align the QR code on the VIP card with the rear-facing camera on the POS device so it appears in the blue box on the screen.
- The discount will then be assigned to the appropriate items.
Visit our Lightspeed Loyalty (K Series) video for more information