Gift card bonus programs enable you to add an extra percentage to a customer’s gift card when they load an amount on the card. For example, you could create a 5 percent bonus program to promote certain holidays or paying for the gift card with a particular tender. The following is a sample calculation:
A customer loads their gift card in the amount of 100.00. Because of your bonus program, an additional 5% will be loaded on the card. This gives the card a balance of 105.00 available on their gift card, even though the customer only paid 100.00.
NOTE: We recommend that you create a payment method to assign to the bonus program, such as the ”Xmas bonus program” to help you track how much the bonus program pays out via the reports in the Back Office.
Follow the steps below to create such a bonus program.
- Log in to the Back Office with your Lightspeed Restaurant account credentials.
- From the navigation bar, go to Customers > Loyalty cards > Card batches.
- Select the GIFT tab.
- Click Create a gift bonus program.
- Fill out the form. For a description of the available fields, see the table below.
- Click Save to save your created bonus program.
- Follow the steps here to assign the bonus program to a gift card batch.
||Editable field to enter the desired name for the bonus program. Appears in the dropdown menu of the loyalty program column when you click on the pencil symbol.|
Select an available payment method to use with the bonus program. Bonus amounts loaded on gift cards under this program will use this payment method.
NOTE: We recommend first creating a payment method, e.g. ”Xmas bonus program”, which you can assign to the bonus program. This will help you track how much the bonus program pays out via the reports in the Back Office.
|Bonus||Define the percentage amount.|
If you have created a gift card bonus program, it is necessary to assign it to a gift card batch. Visit the article Assigning a bonus program to a batch to learn more.