Pickup profiles in Order Anywhere allow customers to place takeaway or pickup orders from anywhere outside the restaurant. Customers can choose to pick up their order as soon as possible or schedule it for a later date or time.
After creating a new Pickup profile, generate QR codes or locate the profile’s URL to share with customers. By scanning a QR code with their phone or tablet's camera or visiting the URL, customers can open the profile’s ordering page to place an order.
To watch a related video, visit our About Order Anywhere article.
Creating a new profile
Create a new Pickup profile so customers can access Order Anywhere to place takeaway orders from within your restaurant.
- Log in to your Order Anywhere Back Office. For help, visit our login article.
- Click My profiles on the navigation bar.
- Click Create profile.
- Enter a name for the profile.
- Select an existing menu from the Menu to use for the profile drop-down menu.
- Choose Pickup from the Select order type drop-down menu.
- (Optional - North America only) Enable curbside pickup to allow customers to ask for their order to be brought to their car when they pick it up.
- Toggle Curbside pickup on.
- (Optional) Enter a pickup message to include in the order confirmation email sent to the customer. For example, add instructions for the customer to call when they’ve arrived.
- (Optional) Limit ordering ahead to set how far in advance customers can schedule orders for pickup.
- Select a limit from the Limit ordering ahead drop-down menu: ASAP, Same day only, or one to seven days ahead.
- (Optional) Turn on Enable maximum orders per time slot to set a cap on the number of orders that can be placed every 15 minutes. Then enter a maximum value in the Orders per time slot field.
- Configure the Payment settings:
Payment settings will only appear in a profile after enabling online and/or in-person payments.
- To allow customers to pay for their order online via Lightspeed Payments or Stripe, toggle Online payments on.
- To allow customers to pay for their order at the POS, toggle In-person payments on. Select the payment methods you accept, drag them into the display order for the ordering page, and click Save.
- (Optional) Toggle Customer note on to allow customers to enter notes for their order at checkout.
- (Optional) Enable tipping:
- Toggle Tipping on to allow customers to add a tip to their order total.
- Click Add to configure the tipping percentage and custom tip options shown to customers at checkout.
- Check the box next to each tip option to display to customers.
- Click the star icon to preselect a specific option by default.
- Click Save to save changes.
- (Optional) Toggle Cutlery opt-in on to enable customers to request disposable utensils at checkout.
- Click Create to generate the new profile.
Generating QR codes
Customers can conveniently place orders by scanning your ordering profile’s QR code using the camera on their mobile phone or tablet. Generate unique QR codes for your profile and add them to your menus or signs for easy access to your Order Anywhere page.
- From the navigation menu, go to My profiles.
- Click the name of the profile you want to generate QR codes for.
- Click Generate QR codes.
- Fill in the appropriate information.
- Arrange the QR code, header text, and logo: Select if you’d like the QR code to display vertically or horizontally.
- Personalize the header text: Write the text you’d like displayed on your QR codes. For example, “Scan to browse, order, and pay!”
- Display the restaurant logo: Toggle on to display the restaurant logo.
- Choose a font: Select your preferred font from the drop-down menu.
- Choose a background color: Select your preferred background color from the available options.
- Click Next.
- Fill in the appropriate information.
- Export settings: Select which file format you’d like to export your QR codes into.
- Size: Select your preferred QR code size from the drop-down menu.
- Click Export.
- Add the QR codes to a physical takeaway menu, or on your website for customers to scan.