✅ Beta disclaimer - These instructions only apply to the new Lightspeed gift card version, which is currently in public beta. If you are using the old gift card version and want to switch, follow the instructions in our Setting up gift cards article.
You can view and manage your gift cards directly from the Back Office.
- Sign in to your K-Series Back Office and navigate to Customers > Gift cards.
- On the main Gift cards page, locate a gift card by using the search bar. You can search by gift card ID, batch name, or customer email. You can also use the filters to sort by Customer status, Gift card status, and Last activity.
- After locating the gift card, click the pencil icon. This will open the Edit gift card page, where you can perform the following actions:
- Check a gift card balance
- Assign a customer to a gift card
- Deactivate a gift card
- View a gift card’s transaction history
Gift card details
|Card Balance||This is the balance of the gift card. This cannot be edited from the Back Office.|
|Gift card activated||
If the gift card has been activated at the POS, this toggle will be enabled and green. You can click the toggle off to deactivate the gift card, but we do not recommend doing so until the customer has been refunded for the purchase of the gift card.
|Scan and Pay||This setting cannot be edited. For gift cards created as part of a batch, this setting is configured when you create the batch. For gift cards activated at the POS, this setting is automatically set to Yes.|
The UUID is a unique code assigned to your gift card by the Back Office. This setting cannot be edited.
The QR code can be used to activate a gift card. It can also be used when generating physical gift cards.
|Customer||Use this field to assign a customer to the gift card.|
|Type||This column shows the type of transaction performed on the gift card. Withdraw means the gift card was used to pay for an order and Refill means an additional amount was loaded onto the gift card at the POS.|
The name of the staff member who sold the gift card.
The date and time the action was performed.
|Amount||The amount that was withdrawn or refilled.|
|Balance||The balance remaining on the gift card after the transaction was performed.|
|Status||The status of the transaction.|
Click this to view the transaction receipt.