Visit the Items page to see an overview of all inventory items in the Advanced Inventory module for Lightspeed Restaurant. Products and ingredients here are automatically imported from Back Office. From the Items page, you can manually link items to a preferred supplier or change an item’s measurement type (e.g., set whether an item should be measured by volume, weight, or individual units).
Accessing and editing items
Follow the steps below to learn how to both access and edit items.
- Log in to the Advanced Inventory module with your Lightspeed credentials.
- From the navigation menu, select Stock management > Items.
- Click an item to edit its settings.
- To adjust the Dimensions, follow steps 4a-4c.
- Click Unit, Volume, or Weight to set the preferred measurement type for the item.
- Use the drop-down menu to select the measurement type.
- Adjust the size as needed (e.g., 1 milk carton = 2L)
- To link suppliers to an item, follow steps 5a-5c.
- Click Link suppliers to this item.
- Check the boxes beside the vendors’ names in the pop-up window.
- Click Save suppliers to finish.
- (Optional) If suppliers are already attached, click Unlink to remove any unwanted suppliers from an item.