Add all account profiles (or order types) needed for your daily business. When you add an account profile, it’s automatically enabled for the associated POS device configuration. If you have multiple business locations, account profiles can be shared between them; So you only need to create account profiles once, even for multiple business locations.
You can either define schedules for each account profile to set when it is active or add account profile buttons to your menus to manually activate order types. If you would like to add an order type button, see adding account profile buttons.
- Log in to the Back Office with your Lightspeed Restaurant account credentials.
- From the navigation menu, select Configuration > Settings > Account profiles.
- Select Add an account profile.
- Confirm the appearing message "Please note that once added tags (account profiles) can’t be deleted" with Ok.
- Enter the base options like the name and code of the order type. The base options are necessary to fill out when creating an accounting profile. See Base options for detailed information.
- If you want to activate the Takeaway mode, you can choose between Delivery and Pick up. See Takeaway for further information.
- Enter auto-service charges, if needed. An auto service charge allows you to add a specific amount of percentage on an item or on the total of an order to cover costs related to customer service. See auto service charges for further information.
- Set a schedule for this account profile, if needed. A schedule allows you to define fixed time periods when this account profile should be activated. The account profile is then automatically used on the POS during these periods.
- Select Create the first schedule.
- Select the days and times when the account profile should be active.
- Define via the checkboxes if this account profile applies for direct sales, and or table accounts and if it is active.
- Select Add.
- Select Enable account profile QR code if you want users to be able to apply an account profile by scanning a QR code.
- Select Save.
Base option settings
|Name||This is the account profile (order type) name shown on the Back Office.|
|Code||This is the unique code of the account profile (order type) shown on the POS.|
If you want to activate the Takeaway mode you can choose between Delivery and Pick up. With delivery, the goods are delivered to the customer who must be identified when ordering. With Pick up, the customers pick up the goods by presenting a confirmation code. If one of these is enabled, delivery and pickup features are enabled on the POS.
Amount of the time to add to order time for delivery.
Defines when paid orders are set as completed.
Auto service charge settings
An auto-service charge allows you to add a specific amount of percentage on an item or on the total of an order to cover costs related to customer service. There are two ways to define auto-service charge, with a service charge item or with a gratuity service charge.
Service charge item
A service charge item has an amount of percentage on it to cover service costs. You first need to create the item to add it to an account profile.
- From the navigation menu, select Configuration > Items > Items.
- Select Add Item.
- Enter a significant name as item receipt name, like service charge.
- Select Price as percentage as price structure.
- Add the percentage of the charge to be added to the sum of the order in the Percentage field.
- Select Save.
- The item is now available for selection as a service charge item in the respective account profile in Configuration > Settings > Account Profile.
Gratuity service charge
A gratuity service charge is automatically added to all orders with this account profile to cover service costs.
- From the navigation menu, select Configuration > Settings > Account profile.
- Select Edit of the appropriate account profile or add a new account profile.
- Enter the Gratuity in percentage in the Gratuity field under Auto service charge.
- Select Save.
Add account profile buttons in your menu to manually assign a defined order type to an order.
If you ever need to edit existing account profiles, feel free to do so from the Back Office.