After creating a cash float on the Back Office, you’ll want to configure it’s settings. This is important so you can then assign the float to a physical cash drawer, POS device, and/or POS users.
To edit your cash float:
- From the main navigation menu, go to Configuration > Devices > Float management.
- From the Float management page, locate the cash float you wish to edit.
- Select Edit next to the cash float’s name.
- Apply the desired settings and information for this cash drawer. For more information on what each setting means, see the table below.
- When you’re done configuring the settings for this cash drawer or user wallet, select Update to save your changes.
|Cash float Name:||Rename your cash float here if desired.|
If you are using a physical cash drawer at your establishment, specify which printer is connected to the cash drawer.
Cash drawers are connected to receipt printers with an RJ11 or RJ12 cable. Each time a receipt is printed from the POS, a cash drawer can be prompted to automatically open. Defining the connected printer here helps connect your physical hardware and cash floats on the Back Office.
Define if a float count is mandatory, allowed, or disabled each time a POS user opens or closes a sales period on the POS.
If you are enabling a float count, enter the standard float count amount a POS user will need to account for at the beginning or end of a shift.
Define which device profiles this float count is associated with. This means you can specify unique cash floats for each device configuration at your business.
From this section, you may also specify a group of users who are responsible for counting the cash floats on the POS at the beginning or end of a shift. For instance, you may wish to have this functionality only performed by managers.
Congrats! You have now set up cash floats and cash drawers on the Back Office. Now that you’ve set up cash float settings from the Back Office, you can use the cash drawer or user wallet feature on the POS. Using this feature enables you to count your cash before and after a shift. See Counting a cash float for more information on how to use a cash drawer with the POS (K) app.