Lightspeed is excited to offer eligible businesses access to quick financing through Lightspeed Capital. If you're looking for a quick influx of capital to expand or renovate your business, Lightspeed Capital offers you a quick and easy path forward.
- Applying for Lightspeed Capital: Eligible merchants can apply for Lightspeed Capital directly from the Back Office of Lightspeed Restaurant.
- Accepting an offer: Once you have found an offer that suits your needs and your application has been approved, funds disperse to your account in 1-2 business days.
- Repayment: You repay your merchant cash advance at your own pace, remitting a percentage of the card payments you process each day. No interest, no deadlines.
Applying for Lightspeed Capital
Lightspeed merchants using integrated payments are automatically reviewed for eligibility on a monthly basis, and will be contacted via email if your business qualifies for an offer. The criteria for eligibility is based on a number of factors, including your transaction volume and history.
Offers will remain available for up to 30 days, after which the offer will expire and you will be reevaluated for eligibility as before.
Eligible merchants using Lightspeed Payments will be able to apply directly from the Back Office of Lightspeed Restaurant.
If there are no offers presented on the Capital page of your account, your business is not currently eligible for funding. However, our eligibility requirements are frequently updated, so check back regularly if you’re interested in a cash advance for your business.
If you have questions about your eligibility or the amount you are eligible for, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accepting an offer
If your business is eligible for Lightspeed Capital, you will be contacted via email with your personalized offer. Your offer will outline:
- the financing amount: the dollar amount that will be deposited into your bank account
- the flat fee: the fee you'll pay over time in exchange for the advance -- there are no other fees and there is no interest
- the total amount owed: the sum of the financing amount and the flat fee
- the repayment rate: the percentage of your daily card transactions that will be debited to pay down your financing.
For example, you may receive an offer that looks something like this:
- Financing amount: $30,000
- Flat fee: $4200
- Total amount owed: $34,200
- Repayment rate: 11%
If you accepted the example offer above, you would receive $30,000. Eleven percent of your daily transaction total would then be debited from your account until you've paid down the total amount owed of $34,200 (the $30,000 advanced plus the $4200 flat fee).
Regardless of how long it takes you to pay down the total amount owed, you will never be charged more than the financing amount and the flat fee. There is no deadline to pay down the advance and there is no accrued interest or late fees. You’ll repay the amount owed automatically over time at the speed of your business.
The total card sales you process in a day will determine how quickly you pay back the advance. You process sales as normal, and after your daily processing batch has settled, Lightspeed will debit your account a percentage of that batch according to your repayment rate. This repayment process will begin automatically 1-2 business days after the funds have been deposited into your account. The more card sales you process, the faster you'll pay down your financing.
If you would prefer to pay down even faster, you can arrange to make manual payments in addition to the withheld amounts. To do so, contact us to request a manual payment.
Please note that repaying early does not guarantee subsequent financing offers. Accounts are automatically reviewed for additional offers on a monthly basis and we will reach out to you via email if you qualify for any additional offers.
You will receive a monthly statement showing your repayment progress including a breakdown of payments received and the total balance remaining. Statements are emailed to the email address used on your application. For balance inquiries, email email@example.com.
Lightspeed Capital FAQ
- Capital and the flexibility it provides can be make-or-break for a business, and this service is intended to make accessing that capital easier. Rather than being subject to the fixed monthly payments and interest rates of a loan, Lightspeed Capital offers you a simple, seamless process with repayments at the speed of your business and a single flat fee for each offer.
- Lightspeed will withhold a certain percentage of your daily Visa/Mastercard transactions according to your repayment rate. That means you repay more when business is good, and less when things slow down.
- No. Lightspeed provides a merchant cash advance which is not a loan. At the most technical level: a merchant cash advance is a purchase of future receivables at a price less than the amount expected to receive. A cash advance is remitted as a percentage of income on each future sale. A loan is borrowed money that is paid back according to a set schedule, by a certain deadline. What that means for you, is that you pay back the total amount owed at the rate agreed to in your offer. No deadlines and no interest.
- There is no set payment schedule or contract period as this is a merchant cash advance, not a loan.
- As this isn’t a loan, there is no interest rate. You only repay the financing amount and the flat fee you agree to when you accept an offer.
- Based on the amount of funds requested, there is an associated flat fee. This fee is displayed in the Capital section of Lightspeed Restaurant. The flat fee is paid as part of the daily repayments of the advance balance and is not due upfront.
- A merchant can only have one active advance per location, but some locations may be eligible for renewal once 90% of their total amount owed has been repaid. If you have not received a renewal offer but are interested in additional funding, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss additional options, do not hesitate to contact us.
For merchants currently enrolled in Lightspeed Capital who would like to discuss repayment options or have questions about their account, email email@example.com.
For merchants who would like to learn more about Lightspeed Capital, reach out to our sales team for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.