To use the Lightspeed Restaurant POS app, you'll first need to use a supported iOS device and configure a few iOS settings. Make sure to follow the instructions when first setting up Lightspeed Restaurant POS (K).
What you’ll need:
- An iOS device (iPad or iPod) running on at least iOS version 12.2 (minimum)
- Access to a secure internet connection
- Your Apple credentials for downloading the Lightspeed Restaurant app
- Your Lightspeed Restaurant login credentials and connection code
Configure iOS Settings
Before downloading the Lightspeed Restaurant app, it’s important to configure these settings on each iOS device using Lightspeed Restaurant:
- Adjust your timezone.
- Set up the correct timezone for your location by navigating to Settings > General > Date & Time > Set Automatically.
- To manually update your app versions, disable automatic updates. You may wish to manually update your app to the latest version, rather than have automatic updates perhaps interrupt your service.
- Navigate to Settings > iTunes Store & App Store > Automatic downloads > and disable App updates.
Connect to your WiFi network
Connect your iOS device to the secure Wi-Fi network dedicated to using Lightspeed Restaurant.
- From your iOS device, go to Settings > Wi-Fi.
- Select the network dedicated to using Lightspeed Restaurant.
- Make sure to select “Forget This Network” for all other networks the device may automatically connect to.
Download Lightspeed Restaurant POS (K) and log in for the first time with your connection code. See Logging in.