To change the settings for a batch of VIP cards, such as to limit which items can be discounted, use Edit configuration. Keep in mind that this will edit the entire batch of cards, not a specific card in the batch.
We currently support two Back Offices: the Back Office 2.0 (sidebar navigation) and the Console Back Office (top-level navigation).
This article applies to both Back Offices. When one Back Office differs from the other, the Console Back Office wording will be displayed in parentheses next to the Back Office 2.0 wording.
To use the Back Office 2.0, click here and log in with your current Back Office credentials.
- Log in to the Back Office with your Lightspeed Restaurant account credentials.
- From the navigation bar, go to Customers (Consumers) > Loyalty cards > Card batches.
- Select the default VIP tab.
- Click Edit configuration next to the card batch you need to edit.
- Edit the form to make your desired changes. For a description of each form field, see the table below.
- Select Save to save changes.
|Name||Name of the card batch.|
|Validity period From||Start day that the batch is valid. This is an editable field.|
|Validity period To (Excluded)||Expiring day. On this day, the card can no longer be used. This is an editable field.|
|Discount||The discount is applied at the POS when the VIP card is scanned. Only existing discounts in the Back Office will appear here.|
|Filter rule (This offer…)||Limit VIP card discounts to apply only to items in certain item categories (This offer applies only to...) or to exclude items in certain categories (This offer does not apply to...).|
|Filter rule (… up to)||Determines the number of items on an order that will benefit from the discount.|
|Type here to filter||Select the item category to which you want to limit the cards.|