To use VIP cards at the POS, first assign them to specific customers from the Back Office. Once a VIP card is linked to a customer, scan it in the Restaurant POS app to automatically apply the associated discount to an order.
Table of contents:
Assigning a VIP card to a customer
VIP cards can be assigned to customers only through the Back Office. You can only give cards to customers already in your POS with stored email addresses.
We currently support two Back Offices: the Back Office 2.0 (sidebar navigation) and the Console Back Office (top-level navigation).
This section applies to both Back Offices. When one Back Office differs from the other, the Console Back Office wording will be displayed in parentheses next to the Back Office 2.0 wording.
To use the Back Office 2.0, click here and log in with your current Back Office credentials.
- Log in to the Back Office with your Lightspeed Restaurant account credentials.
- From the navigation bar, go to Customers (Consumers) > Loyalty cards > Card batches.
- Select the default VIP tab.
- Select the magnifying glass next to the card batch you will use a card from.
- Scroll to a non-assigned card.
- Click the envelope button in the specific VIP card row.
- Enter the customer's email address in the prompt.
- Click the checkmark button to assign.
- Your customer will receive an email with the corresponding QR code automatically.
Applying VIP cards discount to an order
Scan the QR code for a VIP card in the Restaurant POS app to automatically apply the associated discount to the customer’s order.
- Add items to order at your Lightspeed POS.
- On the order screen, tap the scanner in the upper right corner next to the magnifier glass.
- Align the QR code on the VIP card with the rear-facing camera on the POS device so it appears in the blue box on the screen.
- The discount will then be assigned to the appropriate items.
Visit our Lightspeed Loyalty (K Series) video for more information