To use punch cards at the POS, first assign them to specific customers from the Back Office. Once a punch card is linked to a customer, scan it in the Restaurant POS app to check if the customer has an available benefit.
Table of contents:
Assigning a punch card to a customer
NOTE: Punch cards can only be assigned to customers via the Back Office. You can only give cards to customers already in your POS with stored email addresses.
We currently support two Back Offices: the Back Office 2.0 (sidebar navigation) and the Console Back Office (top-level navigation).
This section applies to both Back Offices. When one Back Office differs from the other, the Console Back Office wording will be displayed in parentheses next to the Back Office 2.0 wording.
To use the Back Office 2.0, click here and log in with your current Back Office credentials.
- Log in to the Back Office with your Lightspeed Restaurant account credentials.
- From the navigation bar, go to Customers (Consumers) > Loyalty cards > Card batches.
- Select the PUNCH tab.
- Select the magnifying glass next to the card batch you will use a card from.
- Scroll to a nonassigned card.
- Click the envelope button in the specific punch card row.
- Enter the customer's email address in the prompt.
- Click the checkmark to assign.
- Your customer will receive an email with the corresponding QR code automatically.
Checking a punch card for possible benefit
- Register the ordered items at your Lightspeed POS.
- On the order screen in the Lightspeed Restaurant app, tap the scanner icon in the upper-right corner.
- Align the QR code on the punch card with the rear-facing camera on the POS device so it appears in the blue box on the screen.
- Wait for the punch card benefit information to appear on the screen.
- Tap Close.
- Tap the item on the left for which you want the discount to apply.
- Select the Punch Card discount from the popup.
- Discount will be assigned to the item.
To learn more about how to use punch cards at your Lightspeed POS device, watch our Lightspeed Loyalty (K Series) video.