To use punch cards at the POS, first assign them to specific customers from the Back Office. Once a punch card is linked to a customer, scan it in the Restaurant POS app to check if the customer has an available benefit.
Assigning a punch card to a customer
NOTE: Punch cards can only be assigned to customers via the Back Office. You can only give cards to customers already in your POS with stored email addresses.
- Log in to the Back Office with your Lightspeed Restaurant account credentials.
- From the navigation bar, go to Customers > Loyalty cards > Card batches.
- Select the PUNCH tab.
- Select the magnifying glass next to the card batch you will use a card from.
- Scroll to a nonassigned card.
- Click the envelope button in the specific punch card row.
- Enter the customer's email address in the prompt.
- Click the checkmark to assign.
- Your customer will receive an email with the corresponding QR code automatically.
Checking a punch card for possible benefit
- Register the ordered items at your Lightspeed POS.
- On the Register screen in the Lightspeed Restaurant app, tap the scanner icon in the upper-right corner.
- Align the QR code on the punch card with the rear-facing camera on the POS device so it appears in the blue box on the screen.
- Wait for the punch card benefit information to appear on the screen.
- Tap Close.
- Tap the item on the left for which you want the discount to apply.
- Select the Punch Card discount from the popup.
- Discount will be assigned to the item.
To learn more about how to use punch cards at your Lightspeed POS device, watch our Lightspeed Loyalty (K Series) video.