To help you use the cards, here are instructions on how to use them in your day-to-day business. We explain how to assign a new card to a customer and use it at your POS.
Table of contents:
Assigning ID cards to a user via Back Office
You have the option to assign a user to an ID card.
We currently support two Back Offices: the Back Office 2.0 (sidebar navigation) and the Console Back Office (top-level navigation).
This section applies to both Back Offices. When one Back Office differs from the other, the Console Back Office wording will be displayed in parentheses next to the Back Office 2.0 wording.
To use the Back Office 2.0, click here and log in with your current Back Office credentials.
- Log in to the Back Office with your Lightspeed Restaurant account credentials.
- From the navigation bar, go to Customers (Consumers) > Loyalty cards > Card batches.
- Select the ID tab.
- Select the magnifying glass next to the card batch you will use a card from.
- Scroll to a non-assigned card.
- Click the envelope button in the specific ID card row.
- Enter the customer's email address in the prompt.
- Click the checkmark button to assign.
- Your customer will receive an email with the corresponding QR code automatically.
Assigning ID cards to a user via POS
- On the order screen in the Lightspeed Restaurant app, tap the scanner icon in the upper-right corner.
- Align the QR code on the ID card with the rear-facing camera on the POS device so it appears in the blue box on the screen.
- Wait for the customer search to appear on the screen.
- Enter the customer's name or email address into the prompt.
- Select the corresponding customer entry.
- Tap the Add customer button.
NOTE: If you assign the customer to a new ID card while processing the customer's order, the order will be automatically assigned to the customer.