To help you use the cards, here are instructions on how to use them in your day-to-day business. We explain how to assign a new card to a customer and use it at your POS.
Table of contents:
Assigning ID cards to a user via Back Office
You have the option to assign a user to an ID card.
- Log in to the Back Office with your Lightspeed Restaurant account credentials.
- From the navigation bar, go to Customers > Loyalty cards > Card batches.
- Select the ID tab.
- Select the magnifying glass next to the card batch you will use a card from.
- Scroll to a non-assigned card.
- Click the envelope button in the specific ID card row.
- Enter the customer's email address in the prompt.
- Click the checkmark button to assign.
- Your customer will receive an email with the corresponding QR code automatically.
Assigning ID cards to a user via POS
- On the Register screen in the Lightspeed Restaurant app, tap the scanner icon in the upper-right corner.
- Align the QR code on the ID card with the rear-facing camera on the POS device so it appears in the blue box on the screen.
- Wait for the customer search to appear on the screen.
- Enter the customer's name or email address into the prompt.
- Select the corresponding customer entry.
- Tap the Add customer button.
NOTE: If you assign the customer to a new ID card while processing the customer's order, the order will be automatically assigned to the customer.