Upgrade from iKentoo 3.0 to Lightspeed Restaurant to begin using the new features and improvements in our flagship hospitality platform. Lightspeed Restaurant offers a redesigned order screen, integrated online ordering with contactless payments, the ability to organize items by course or seat, and much more. To learn more about what's new in the Lightspeed Restaurant POS app, see our migration video.
We strongly recommend upgrading to Lightspeed Restaurant as soon as possible to continue receiving fixes, security updates, and new features as iKentoo 3.0 will no longer receive updates or enhancements.
- Upgrading takes a few minutes per POS device. We recommend upgrading during non-business hours to avoid disrupting service.
- Lightspeed Restaurant works on devices running iPadOS or iOS v13.5 or later. To learn how to update iPadOS or iOS before upgrading, see Apple Support. If you are unable to update to a supported version of iPadOS or iOS, contact our Support team for help.
- Verify there is an active internet connection on each device running the iKentoo 3.0 app.
- In the iKentoo app, close all open tables, accounts, sessions, and working shifts.
- Open the App Store, then search for and download the Lightspeed Restaurant POS (K) app.
- Open the Lightspeed Restaurant app after it is finished downloading.
- In Lightspeed Restaurant, tap Start migration and select Open to import existing iKentoo settings and data.
- If prompted, tap OK to allow Lightspeed Restaurant to connect to devices on the local network, such as printers.
- Wait until the Lightspeed Restaurant app displays the Sales period is closed screen.
- Open the iKentoo app and verify that the Migration complete screen appears.
- With the migration complete, delete the iKentoo app. For detailed steps, see Apple Support.
- Repeat steps 3–9 on each additional device running iKentoo 3.0.
After upgrading, start using the Lightspeed Restaurant POS app instead of iKentoo. For help navigating and using the Lightspeed app, see our Restaurant POS articles.