A web extension is a link or URL that employees can open in the Restaurant POS app by tapping a menu button. Add a web extension to the Back Office and define the extension settings.
After adding a web extension, add a button for the extension to use the web extension on the POS.
To generate a QR code that will then evoke the linked web page on the POS when scanned with a scanner, see Editing web extensions.
Note: Once a web extension is added to the Back Office, it cannot be deleted.
Adding web extensions
Add a web extension to the Back Office and define the extension settings.
- Log in to the Back Office with your Lightspeed credentials.
- From the navigation menu, select Configuration > Settings > Web extensions.
- Click Add a new web extension.
- Enter the web extension settings.
- Click Save to add the web extension to the Back Office.
Web extension settings
The name of the web extension as it appears in the Back Office and on the POS.
The web address to link to. For instance, https://www.lightspeedhq.com/
When enabled, the URL opened on the POS can read the information that is pertained in the current account (order).
Click to open a list of supported variables. They are the parameters that are passed to the web extension.
Use legacy WebExtension engine to render this WX
|When enabled, previous versions of web extensions such as the one running on iKentoo v3 or v4 are taken into account to use current web extensions.
|Adding a username and password allows secure access to web extensions. POS users will not have to add the credentials as the credentials are passed directly to the POS.
Content and pages can only be loaded from the following domains
|The text to reach a particular website. For instance, the domain name for the URL https://www.lightspeedhq.com/ is lightspeedhq.com
Adding a button for the extension
After adding a web extension, create a menu button for it to use the web extension on the POS.
- From the navigation menu, select Menu management > Menus.
- Click the name of the menu where you want to create the web extension button.
- Select a main screen to add the button to.
- Click Add button and choose Web extension from the drop-down.
- Enable web extensions from the list or search for a web extension and enable it.
- Click Add button to add the button to the menu.
Edit existing web extensions from the Back Office to update details such as the name or URL of the web extension.