These instructions only apply to the new Lightspeed gift card version. If you are using the old gift card version and want to switch, follow the instructions in our Setting up gift cards 2.0 article.
Gift cards are one of the most valuable tools in your business toolkit. In addition to being a convenient substitute for cash, gift cards can attract new customers to your restaurant and encourage customer loyalty.
Lightspeed K-Series’s new gift cards are easy to use: simply generate an online gift card at your POS and email it to your customer. If you want to sell physical gift cards, you can create a batch directly in your Back Office and print your gift cards through a third-party company. You can also sell gift cards online through a web store created specifically for your gift card sales.
To learn more about setting up and using gift cards, visit the following articles:
- Setting up gift cards 2.0: Set a maximum balance for new gift cards and gift card batches.
- Printing gift cards 2.0: Create and export gift card batches directly from your K-Series Back Office.
- Selling gift cards 2.0 online: Enable and configure your web store to sell gift cards online.
- Using gift cards 2.0 at the POS: Learn how to sell, activate, and redeem gift cards from your POS.
- Managing gift cards 2.0 in Back Office: Learn how to manage your gift cards directly from your K-Series Back Office, such as assigning a customer to a gift card or checking a gift card balance.
- Gift cards 2.0 FAQ: Find answers to popular questions about the new gift card feature.