Par levels are used to establish reorder points for your inventory so that you and your staff can better identify which items have fallen below their desired stock levels. For example, if bacon has a par level of 20 kg, but there is only 10 kg in stock, you'll know to order at least 10 kg on your next purchase to bring stock levels back to par. Set up Par levels to take the guesswork out of purchasing, since you'll be able to tell which items are running low and how many need to be ordered. This way, it's easier to ensure your most essential ingredients and frequently-sold items are always on hand.
Accessing and editing par levels
- Log in to the Inventory module with your Lightspeed credentials.
- From the navigation menu, select Stock management > Par levels to see an overview of your entire inventory.
- To make changes, click Edit par levels.
- In the Par level field, type in what the par level should be. Alternatively, use the - and + buttons to adjust the number by 1 unit at a time.
- Click Save par levels to finish.
Once par levels have been set, they will be saved and displayed alongside the current stock level when placing a purchase order: