Advanced Insights is currently available to Lightspeed Restaurant customers in North America, Australia, and New Zealand. To get access to this feature, contact your Sales Account Manager or Lightspeed Support.
This report ranks your menu items by popularity. You also have the ability to “roll up” multiple menu items into a single subcategory to compare menu specials or sections, such as desserts vs. entrees.
Accessing the Most Popular Report
Advanced Insights organizes your data in a bar graph, where you can view an item’s sales data, create roll ups, and view an item’s scorecard. To get started, choose your location and time frame.
- Sign in to your Advanced Insights dashboard.
- In the upper left corner, click the drop-down and select whether to run the report for a particular location or for All locations.
- In the main navigation menu, click Menu. On the Sales page, select the Most Popular tab.
- By default, the report displays data for the last 28 days. To choose a different time frame, click the drop-down in the upper right corner. You can also click Custom to specify the time period using a calendar, but you cannot select a date range longer than three months.
Understanding the Most Popular bar graph
Each color on the bar graph represents a different item contained in a roll up. Hover over a bar to see the breakdown of a roll up or an individual item.
For a description of each metric, view the table below.
Most Popular metrics
Includes these POS Items
The name of an individual item or of all the items included in a roll up.
The total number sold of an item.
The told sold in dollars.
Creating a roll up
Create a “roll up” category to combine similar items into a single category on the graph, allowing for at-a-glance sales comparisons. For example, “roll up” Tiramisu, Cheesecake, and Pecan Pie to create a Dessert Specials category. The three items will share a line on the graph, with a different color per item, so you can visualize how your Dessert Specials perform as individual items and as a whole.
To create a roll up:
- From the drop-down menu, select View roll up items.
- Hover over a bar until the breakdown window appears and click Edit rollups.
- (Optional) Edit the Rollup name based on the items you’re combining.
- Use the Search menu items bar to find and select items to roll up.
- (Optional) Click the X next to an item name to remove it from the roll-up.
Downloading the report
After you select the date range for the report, create your roll ups, and filter your results, you can download the report by clicking the Download report button. The report includes the item name and the total sold. It does not include more granular information, such as the item scorecard.
Understanding the item scorecard
The item scorecard allows you to discover important sales information by item. View an item’s ranking over the last 4 weeks, its recent sales, and a graph of its top-selling servers.
- To view the item scorecard, click the View roll up items drop-down and select View POS items.
- On the bar graph, in the Menu Item column, click the name of an item to open the item scorecard.
- View our Item scorecard article to learn more about scorecard metrics.