Lightspeed Payments is the simplest way to seamlessly integrate your online and in-store payment processing with Lightspeed Restaurant, so you can run your business and manage your transactions all in one place.
Applying for Lightspeed Payments
Before you can begin processing card payments with Lightspeed Payments, you will need to fill out an application.
Filling out an application
After speaking with our Sales team, you'll receive a link to the application via email. If you already have Lightspeed Restaurant, you can also apply for Lightspeed Payments directly in the Lightspeed Back Office. Once your application is approved, you will be contacted via email with your next steps.
The information we are required to collect during the application process will vary by region due to legal requirements by local financial regulatory bodies. Generally, your application needs to include:
- Document signer’s personal information to verify their identity
- Legal business name as registered with the relevant local business authorities
- Tax ID or equivalent that matches the legal business name registered with the relevant financial regulatory body
- Business address to verify the business operating location
- Current bank account details linked to the sole proprietorship, LLC, or corporation name
- Additional documentation may need to be uploaded for verification
Once your application is approved, you will be contacted via email with your next steps.
Becoming PCI compliant
In addition to receiving communication from Lightspeed after your approval, you can also expect an email from SecureTrust, our partner. This email from SecureTrust is to provide you with an option to become PCI compliant through us (via SecureTrust). It is completely free of charge for all Lightspeed Payments users.
Configuring payment settings
One advantage of using Lightspeed Payments is that we handle most of your gateway configurations, but you still have the option to customize Lightspeed Payments to suit your needs.
Once you have been approved for Lightspeed Payments and it has been added to your account, your Lightspeed Payments settings can be configured in Lightspeed Restaurant. These settings include options for:
- Signature capture
- Reporting settings
- Surcharging (US and Australia only)
Setting up your payment terminal
The final step in getting started with Lightspeed Payments is setting up your payment terminal. The exact steps will vary depending on which terminal you use, but most terminals will follow the same basic steps.
Only use the supported payment terminal sent to you by Lightspeed as terminals obtained from third-party providers may not be correctly configured for your account and could present a security risk.
- Physical setup: During this step, you will unbox your terminal and power it on. If there's a battery, this is the time to charge it.
- Connecting your terminal to your network: Most terminals can connect to your network via Wi-Fi. During this step, you will connect your payment terminal to the same network used by your POS device.
- Pairing the terminal: Once the terminal is connected to your network, you can pair it to your Lightspeed Restaurant account.
- Processing a test sale: Once your terminal is paired, process a test sale to ensure the connection was successful and your settings have been configured correctly.