From the Back Office, set up your menus, categories, and items, then organize how they appear on the POS screens. This section describes how to create and import items, combos (sequences), categories (accounting groups), and menus all at once using a .CSV file. You will also learn how to connect and manage your devices.
Set up items, categories, and menus that will appear on the POS from your Back Office.
- Complete the import document to upload categories, combos, prices, screens and items from a CSV file into your Back Office. See table below and importing items for details and descriptions of terms.
- If you need additional assistance with the import, book a 30 minute check up session with our onboarding team via phone or email.
- Send the import document via email to your Product Specialist.
- Once the import is done, check your menu and assign the correct VAT to your accounting groups (categories).
Import term descriptions
|Items||Items in Lightspeed Restaurant (K Series) refer to standard food and beverage products that can be added to an order. Adding an item creates a product in your inventory. See About items for detailed information.|
|Combos represent a grouping of items. Sequences can be fixed (items ordered and associated prices do not change) or can include choices (item combinations and prices can vary depending on selections). See About combos and choices for detailed information.|
|Organizing items by categories (or accounting groups) helps organize menus, item settings, and reporting information. All items in an accounting group adopt the attributes of the category by default. A category can have any number of items, but an item can only be assigned to one accounting group. For more information, see accounting groups.|
|Menus||Menus represent how items are organized on the POS app. The creation of a menu includes three main levels displayed on the POS, including the main menu, main screen (menu categories), and items. Main screens in K Series are used as a grouping and structuring of menu buttons into logical groups. Menu categories are located in the center of the POS with each menu category containing its own buttons. Buttons represent the items to be selected within a menu category. See About menus for detailed information.|
Set up devices
Connect and manage your devices.
- Download the Lightspeed POS (K) app and generate a connection code to connect your iOS device to the Back Office.
- Manage the device settings and define POS configuration (device profile).
Once you have set up your menu and devices, you can proceed to Step 2 | Account customization.
Visit the Onboarding page for your region to learn more about our onboarding services, register for our webinars or watch the webinar recordings. To contact the onboarding team directly, reach out via the contact details.