The Lightspeed K-Series Back Office offers settings that can be individually adjusted to fit your needs. When setting up your Lightspeed K-Series account for the first time, you should adjust your account settings to match the needs of your business.
To access your settings, select Configuration > Settings on your navigation bar.
Refer to the following topics to set up your business:
- Business settings: Business settings are essential to get your business up and running. Enter important data like your tax number and your trade name. You can also define whether your margin calculation is calculated with or without taxes, what message the customer sees when a receipt is scanned and if you would like to enable time tracking for employees. See About business settings.
- Account profiles: Account profiles are order types that affect some parameters of an item during a sale. For instance, taxes will change when an item is ordered for “take away” or “delivery”. . See About order settings.
- Web extensions: A web extension opens a link or URL in the Restaurant POS app when tapping a linked menu button. See About web extensions.
- Void reasons: Set your void reasons that can be selected in the POS when a booked item can no longer be billed. E.g.: damage or spillage. See About void reasons.
- Reporting settings: Make individual adjustments on the settings affecting your reports. Adjust reporting settings for reporting automation and reporting shifts. Reporting shifts allows you to define various periods used in your reports. E.g. breakfast, lunch and dinner. Define reporting automation to set when which kind of report or several reports should be generated and sent from the Back Office to your email address. See About reporting settings.