To print with Lightspeed Restaurant (K Series), you'll need to create printing profiles from the Back Office. A printing profile includes the settings that control whether a printer will print copies of receipts or order tickets and whether another printer should be used as a backup printer.
Adding a printing profile
Add a new printing profile to configure the number of print copies and other settings that will apply to the printers you select.
- Log in to the Back Office with your Lightspeed credentials.
- From the navigation menu, select Configuration > Printing > Printing profiles.
- Click + Add profile.
- Configure the profile based on your preferences. See our Printing profile configurations table for the descriptions of settings you can edit.
- Select Save to add the changes to the profile.
Printing profile configurations
|Name||Name of the printing profile.|
Use this slider to set how many copies will print when this printing profile is used.
Note: Changing the number of copies only affects production dockets, such as for the kitchen and bar. Customer receipts cannot be set to print multiple copies automatically.
|Add a header when printing on a fallback printer||When print jobs fail on the main printer, they will be sent to a fallback printer and include a header that reads BACKUP PRINTER if this setting is enabled.|
Shows the list of printers that will print this printing profile.
Note: If multiple printers are selected, use the blue arrows to rearrange the printers' order. The first printer listed will be the main printer, followed by fallback printers.
Select the checkbox next to a printer listed here to add fallback printers.
Note: When a device prints a receipt on a printing profile, it first tries to print on the first printer in the list. If this printer is turned off or cannot print, the device will attempt to print on the second printer in the list, and so on.
Editing a printing profile
Edit a printing profile to update its settings, such as the number of copies that print.
- From the navigation bar of the Back Office, go to Configuration > Printing > Printing profiles.
- Click Edit next to the printing profile you want to change.
- Configure your profile based on your preferences. See our Printing profile configurations table for the descriptions of settings you can edit.
- Select Save to apply your changes.
Deleting printing profiles
If you no longer need a printing profile, you can remove it from the Back Office.
When deleting a printing profile, there is no confirmation prompt. Instead, the printing profile is deleted immediately.
- From the main navigation bar of the Back Office, go to Configuration > Printing > Printing profiles.
- Select Remove next to the desired printing profile for deleting it.
Linking printing profiles
Now that you've created a printing profile, link it to a POS configuration, floor plan, or POS device.Learn more
Learn how to edit and customize the appearance of your receipt templates.Learn more