Receipts are printed or digital documents that serve as proof of a transaction. With Lightspeed Restaurant, you can customize your receipts from the Back Office and edit templates as needed. By editing the receipt template, you can control which information is printed on your receipts and change their appearance to suit your business needs.
Receipt templates cannot be deleted.
Understanding receipt types
There are three different types of receipts: Normal, Notes, and Invoices. See the table below to understand how they differ.
|Print layout for customer receipts.
|Print layout for draft customer receipts.
|Print layout for invoice receipts.
To edit receipts, choose the printing type (mode) and then configure its design.
- From Back Office, go to Configuration > Printing > Receipt.
- Select the mode you want to modify (Normal, Note, or Invoice).
Should you need to change the content for any reason, you could follow these action points.
- On the left side of the editing area, hover over the rows. Rows that are editable will change into an input line.
- Select the row you want to edit.
- Enter your new information.
- Click Apply changes.
Adding a QR code to receipts
For more personalized receipts, you can add QR codes that link to specific websites. For instance, a QR code on a receipt could lead to your restaurant's website, an exclusive online discount, or a feedback survey.
- When editing the receipt layout, click + Add footer line.
- On the receipt preview, click the footer line that you added.
- Enter "@QR@" followed by the URL to which you want the QR code to link contained in brackets, e.g., @QR@(www.lightspeedhq.com)
If you want to edit the layout, follow these steps.
- Select the row desired to change layout options.
- At the right side of the editing area you can use editing tools to customize the rows selected.
- Make your changes for the layout. The specific formatting tools are explained by hovering on the buttons and in the table below.
- Select Apply changes.
|+ Change logo
|Use this button to add or change a logo.
|With this option your entered text will be left-aligned.
|This option aligns the entered text to the center.
|This option aligns the entered text to the right.
|Set the text to normal size and width.
|Format the text in bold.
|This option doubles the width of the text.
|This option doubles the height of the text.
|Combine double width and height.
|Set a specific line higher.
|Set a specific line lower.
|Text in upper case
|Display the whole text of the row in capital letters.
|Replace with company name
|You can switch between your company or trade name.
|Delete the line.
|+ Add header line
|You can create a new line in the upper area of the receipt for further layouting.
|+ Add footer line
|For further layouting, you can create a new line in the bottom area of the receipt.
TSE compliance in Germany
For merchants located in Germany, receipts printed at your Restaurant POS display two types of timestamps. The first timestamp is in the receipt header and shows when the receipt was issued, according to the time zone configured on your device. The second timestamp is required and is in the signature area. This timestamp indicates the start and end times of the ordering process and is presented in UTC (marked by “Z” at the end), resulting in a time difference between the two timestamps. The timestamp in the signature area cannot be edited.