Add a Back Office user for every employee that you wish to access the Back Office. Adding users here will also give them access to Advanced Insights, but only if you've purchased that add-on and given users the relevant permissions.
To watch a related video, visit our About Back Office users article.
- Log in to the Back Office with your Lightspeed credentials.
- From the navigation menu, select Configuration > Users > Backoffice users.
- Click Add a new user to create a new Back Office user.
- Fill in the user’s email address and name, and select user permissions for the employee. For more information on each field, see the Back Office user settings table.
- Click Add user to finish adding the user.
After you've created the new user, the password will be sent to the email associated with this user.
Back Office user settings
- Email address: Email Address of the Back Office user to receive the mail with the login data for the Back Office.
- First name: Back Office user’s first name.
- Last name: Back Office user’s last name.
[BO-WRITE] User has write access to the Back Office:
The user has Back Office access for Integrations, Stock, and Customers pages, as well as Advanced Insights.
[BO-REPORT] User has access to the Back Office reports:
The user has access to all Business reports, Staff reports, Device reports, Products reports, Shifts reports, and Advanced Insights.
[BO-CONFIG] User can edit the configuration: Configurations are POS profiles that are associated with a specific menu and settings.
The user has permission to edit these settings listed in Configuration > Configurations.
[BO-USERS] User can manage POS and Back Office users and their access rights:
The user has permission to edit the access rights of the users listed in Configuration > Users.
[BO-PMS] User can access the receipt quick view page:
If this role is enabled, the extra tab 'PMS search' is available. Within this tab, you can see receipts linked to the PMS (Property management system) integration.
User can manage taxes (US and Canada only):
If enabled, the user will be able to access the Taxes and Tax profiles sections of the Back Office. To learn more, see Managing tax settings.