With a ZD410 label printer, you can add scannable barcodes to merchandise, stored products, and other retail items you may sell in your restaurant. The ZD410 printer is compatible with Lightspeed Restaurant and our supported barcode scanners.
Before you can set up your label printer, you’ll need the hardware included in your shipment:
Supported models include:
|Power cord and power supply|
Setting up the Zebra ZD410
1. Connecting the printer
To connect your label printer, you need the power cable, the power adapter, and the Ethernet cable.
- Connect the power supply to the back of your label printer.
- Connect the power cord to the power supply and an electrical outlet.
- Connect one end of the Ethernet cable to your label printer.
- Connect the other end of the Ethernet cable to your internet router.
- Press the power button to turn on your label printer, and the LED network indicator will shine green if successfully connected to a network.
2. Inserting the label roll
Label rolls are purchased separately from your label printer. See the steps below to learn how to insert the label roll. Note: The labels will print blank if inserted incorrectly.
- Pull the yellow latches on both sides of the printer towards you and lift the lid open.
- Pull the yellow roll guides apart and insert the label roll with the labels facing upwards.
- Release the roll guides and push them together. Make sure the label roll is secure and turning freely.
- Pull the labels past the cutter at the front of the printer.
- Push the labels under the roll guides.
- Lift the end of the labels and align the movable sensor to the center of the printer.
- Push the lid closed until both yellow latches snap shut.
3. Calibrating the printer
For the Zebra ZD410 to recognize the size of your labels and print correctly, you’ll need to calibrate it. To do this, hold the Pause and Cancel buttons for two seconds and release. The printer will measure and feed a few blank labels.
4. Connecting the printer to the POS system
To connect your printer to the POS system, you'll need to get your printer's IP Address and contact the Lightspeed Restaurant support team.
- Ensure the printer is on by checking that the LEDs are lit. If the ZD410 is not on, press the power button.
- Print a configuration report by holding Feed and Cancel for 2 seconds.
- Once the configuration report has been printed, find and record the IP Address.
- Contact Lightspeed Support for assistance with setting up the ZD410 in BackOffice. Please have the following information at hand:
- The size of the label you will use (56x19 mm or 36x25 mm).
- The IP address of the printer.
- The device to which you want to connect the printer (if you have multiple devices).
5. Printing labels
With the ZD410 setup, it's time to start printing item labels.
- Log in to Lightspeed Restaurant POS with a Manager account.
- Tap Settings.
- Select Label Printing. The POS device will go into label printing mode.
- Choose the layout that your labels will use to print.
- QR code + Date + Item Name + Item Price
- Date + Item name + Item price
- Item name + Item Price
- Tap or scan an item to print a label for it.
Note: To print several labels at once, use the keypad to enter a number (maximum of 10), then tap or scan the item for which you'd like to print labels.
Visit our Barcode Scanners article to learn about scanners that are compatible with Lightspeed Restaurant.