The Verifone P400+ terminal is quick and easy to set up with Lightspeed Payments. When you receive the terminal from Lightspeed, it will already be configured for your account, so all you will need to do is plug in and pair the terminal.
It is important that you only use the terminal supplied to you by Lightspeed, as any terminal obtained from a third party may not be correctly configured for your account and could present a security risk.
Plugging in the terminal
When you receive your payment terminal, the box will contain:
- 1 power cable
- 1 Verifone P400+ terminal
- 1 adapter cable
- 1 ethernet cable
To setup the terminal:
- Open the back of the terminal by sliding the tab up and pulling away.
- Plug the adapter cable into the back of the terminal.
- Replace the tab.
- Plug the power cable into the electrical port on the adapter cable.
- Plug your ethernet cable into the port on the adapter cable labeled ETH.
Note: Only a wired internet connection is supported for the P400+ at this time
- Plug the other end of the power cable into a power source.
The terminal will boot up immediately - there is no power switch. If the terminal is plugged in, it's on.
Pairing the terminal with Lightspeed Payments
Once the terminal has finished booting, you'll need to pair it with your account. The pairing process will require information that can be found on the terminal's device info page. You can access this page by pressing 5 then the green circle key on the terminal's number pad.
Make note of the following:
- The model
- The serial number
- The IP address
Once you have this information, you can begin the pairing process. To do so:
- In the back office, navigate to Configuration > Hardware > Payment terminals.
- Click Add a new terminal.
- Enter the terminal name which will identify this terminal in your account. It can be whatever you like it to be, but whatever name you choose should distinguish this terminal from any others in your establishment. For example, choose a name that indicates where it will be located, such as "Take-out counter."
- Use the drop-down menu to select Lightspeed Payments - Adyen as the terminal type.
- Enter the terminal's IP address on your network.
- Enter the terminal ID. The terminal ID consists of the model and the serial number in the following format: P400Plus-#########, where the number symbols represent the terminal's serial number. For example, if your terminal's serial number is 123-456-789, your terminal ID would be P400Plus-123456789.
- Do not check the print merchant and customer copy on the terminal checkbox. This terminal does not have an onboard printer and doing so will disable printing to your receipt printer.
- Click Save.
The terminal will now be paired with your account, but not necessarily with your devices. In order for your POS device to use the terminal, you'll need to assign the terminal to that device in your back office.
Assigning the terminal to your POS device
With the terminal paired to your account, you are ready to assign your terminal to a POS device.
To do so:
- In the back office, navigate to Configuration > Devices > Devices.
- Click on the device you wish to assign the terminal to, or click Edit under Actions next to the device you wish to assign the terminal to.
- Use the drop-down menu next to Payment terminal to select the name of terminal you've paired.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Update.
- Under configuration status, click the reload button. Alternately, on the device itself, you can tap Settings > Reload.
You are now able to process card payments using your payment terminal.