The Verifone V400m terminal is quick and easy to set up with Lightspeed Payments. When you receive the terminal from Lightspeed, it will already be configured for your account, so all you will need to do is plug in and pair the terminal.
It is important that you only use the terminal supplied to you by Lightspeed, as any terminal obtained from a third party may not be correctly configured for your account and could present a security risk.
What you'll need
Setting up your V400m payment terminal
Before you can pair your V400m terminal with your Lightspeed account, you'll need to insert the receipt paper and power the terminal on.
Inserting the paper roll
- Unlock the paper compartment by pulling up the latch and swinging the door downwards.
- Load the paper roll with the edge of the paper on the top of the roll.
- Pull a length of paper out.
- Close the compartment door onto that length of paper.
Plugging in and powering on the terminal
- Plug the power cable into the side of the terminal and a power source. You can continue with the setup while the battery charges.
- If the terminal does not power on automatically when plugged in, hold the green circle button until the display turns on.
The display may turn on and off several times when powering on and the terminal may make a maintenance call to update its software. The update process can take 10-20 minutes.
To power the terminal off, press and hold the red X button until the display turns off.
Connecting the terminal to your Wi-Fi network
In order to connect your terminal to your Lightspeed account, you'll need to make sure it's connected to your network via wifi.
- Press the 9 key, followed by the green circle key on the terminal's number pad.
- Enter the following PIN: 5773.
- On the touch screen, tap network > Wi-Fi > Add network.
- Select your network from the list of available networks.
- Enter your Wi-Fi password using the number pad. Press the key associated with the letter you want to enter repeatedly until the desired letter is displayed.
- Press the green circle button.
You should then see a Wi-Fi symbol in the upper left-hand corner of the screen. Press the red x button to return to the home screen.
Setting up a static IP address on your terminal
- From the terminal, tap Settings.
- Press Network.
- Enter the following PIN: 5773.
- Tap Wi-Fi.
- Tap on the info button next to your network's name.
- Tap IP Settings.
- Toggle off the DHCP switch.
- Enter the static IP address, the gateway, and the network prefix you wish to set the terminal to. These settings can be obtained from your network administrator.
- Set the DNS to 220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168
- Click on the green checkmark to save.
Confirming your store information on the terminal
Your terminal comes preconfigured with your store information. You will need to confirm your store before you can pair the terminal with your Lightspeed account.
- Navigate back to the main menu by tapping the back-arrow.
- Tap the blue checkmark to confirm the name of your store.
You are now ready to pair the terminal with your Lightspeed account.
Pairing the terminal with Lightspeed Payments
Once you’re approved for Lightspeed Payments, we’ll automatically connect your Lightspeed Restaurant account to your Lightspeed Payments account.
Your Lightspeed Payments account is automatically created in the Back Office with all the correct details and credentials. In addition, once your terminals are shipped to you, we add their details to the Hardware > Payment Terminals section of your Back Office, saving you the process of manually adding those details.
Once the terminal is connected to your network, you can complete the setup by selecting the Refresh Terminals button.
- In the Back Office, navigate to Configuration > Hardware > Payment Terminals.
- Click Refresh Terminals.
Please note that this option has a delay of roughly 15 minutes. Please allow your payment terminal to complete all necessary updates before attempting to add it to your account.
Optionally, you can choose to manually input the IP address of the payment terminal. To complete your setup with this option, you will want to access your device's info page to obtain the terminal's IP address on your network. You can access this page by pressing 5, then the green circle key on the terminal's number pad.
Make note of the IP address. Then:
- In the back office, navigate to Configuration > Hardware > Payment Terminals.
- Click Edit Terminal.
- Enter your terminal's IP address.
- Click Save.
Manually pairing the terminal with Lightspeed Payments
Occasionally, you may need to manually pair a new terminal. Once the terminal is connected to your network, you'll need to pair it with your account. The pairing process will require information that can be found on the terminal's device info page as well as the IP address of the terminal.
- From the Back Office, navigate to Configuration > Hardware > Payment terminals.
- Click Add a new terminal.
- Enter the terminal name that will identify this terminal in your account. The name you choose should distinguish this terminal from any others in your establishment. For example, choose a name that indicates where it will be located, such as "Take-out counter."
- Use the drop-down menu to select Lightspeed Payments - Adyen as the terminal type.
- Enter the terminal's IP address on your network.
- Enter the terminal ID. The terminal ID consists of the model and the serial number in the following format: V400m-#########, where the number symbols represent the terminal's serial number. For example, if your terminal's serial number is 123-456-789, your terminal ID would be V400m-123456789. The model and serial number can be found on the terminal by navigating to Settings > Device info.
- Optionally, check the print merchant and customer copy on the terminal checkbox to enable receipt printing on the terminal's onboard printer. Note that doing so will disable printing to any other receipt printer.
- Click Save.
The terminal will now be paired with your account, but not necessarily with your devices. In order for your POS device to use the terminal, you'll need to assign the terminal to that device in your back office.
Assigning the terminal to your POS device
With the terminal paired to your account, you are ready to assign your terminal to a POS device.
- From the Back Office, navigate to Configuration > Devices > Devices.
- Click on the device you wish to assign the terminal to or click Edit under Actions next to the device you wish to assign the terminal to.
- Use the drop-down menu next to Payment terminal to select the name of the terminal you've paired.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Update.
- Under configuration status, click the Reload button. Alternatively, on the device itself, you can tap Settings > Reload.
You are now able to process card payments using your payment terminal.
To power the terminal off, press and hold the red X button until the display powers off.
Standalone mode is available on the S1F2 and V400m. To enable Standalone mode, navigate to the Financial Services tab in your Back Office.
No. Removing the included SIM card will damage your V400m payment terminal.
Setting up a static IP address is a highly recommended step in setting up your payment terminal. A static IP address is a unique fixed number assigned to your device to ensure it remains constant on your network. In contrast, a dynamic IP address can change, like during a network outage. This could mean reconfiguring your printer after power is restored. Using a static IP means you only have to set up your devices once, avoiding such hassles.
Yes. The default language of your payment terminals can be changed by navigating to Financial Services > Settings > Terminal in the Lightspeed Back Office.