The Consolidated Products Report offers a breakdown of product sales across all of your locations. In this report, you will see all sold products alongside key metrics such as Total, Discounted, Offered, Loss, Returned, Transaction, Margin, and Cost. Using this report, you can quickly assess your most popular products, see which are most profitable, and get a sense of when these items sell best.
Accessing the Consolidated Products Report
To access the Consolidated Products Report:
- Log in to the Back Office using your Lightspeed credentials.
- Select Reports > Reports from the navigation menu.
- Click Consolidated Products Report in the Locations Report section.
- Use the drop-down menu and calendar icon in the upper-right corner to change the report's time period.
- (Optional) Adjust filters to include All products (default) or Only sold products.
- (Optional) Use the drop-down menu contained within the report to filter the report based on a particular shift, employee, or POS device.
- (Optional) Sort the Consolidated Products Report by alphabetical order, quantity (number of items sold), or amount (value of items sold).
Accessing the product heatmap
To see when sales are best for particular items:
- Click the name of the accounting group to see the sold products.
- Click the graph icon beside the item's name, and you will see a heatmap illustrating when the item sold most according to the time of day (24-hour clock) and day of the week.
Understanding the Display views
For descriptions of the various Display Views found in this report, see the table below.
|Accounting||Overview of products for a defined time period, sorted by accounting groups (categories). Accounting groups are listed under Menu management > Accounting groups in the Back Office. See About item categories for more information.|
|Account profiles||Overview of products for a defined time period, sorted by account profiles. Account profiles are listed under Configuration > Settings > Account profiles in the Back Office. See About order settings for more information.|
|Categorical||Overview of products for a defined period, sorted by category.|
The reports linked below are additional Location reports:
The Consolidated Business Report gives you a quick overview of important business data, such as profits, losses, and taxes for all your locations.
The Consolidated Discounts Breakdown report summarizes the discounts given on orders at all your locations.
The Consolidated Shifts Report shows when employees started and ended their user shifts, how many receipts were generated, and the total sales and payment methods for all your locations.
The Consolidated Fiscal Summary gives a high-level overview of all sales, taxes, and receipts created during the selected period for all your locations.
The Consolidated Fiscal Report gives a detailed view of all sales, taxes, and receipts created during the selected period for all your locations.