The Discount Breakdown offers an overview of discounts issued over a user-selected time period. The column headers show the names of the discounts, while each row represents the Accounting groups of the items that were discounted. Use this report to assess how many discounts were issued, the monetary value of those discounts, and which items are being discounted most often.
Accessing the Discounts Breakdown
To access the Discounts Breakdown:
- Log in to the Back Office using your Lightspeed credentials.
- Select Reports > Reports from the navigation menu.
- Click Discounts Breakdown in the Discounts and Corrections section.
- Use the drop-down menu and calendar icon in the upper-right corner to change the report's time period.
- (Optional) Use the drop-down menu contained within the report to filter the report based on a particular user or POS device.
- (Optional) Click the name of an Accounting group to see the items that were discounted.
- (Optional) Download a CSV file of a report by clicking Export CSV, selecting your operating system, (Mac or PC), and then clicking Export.
- Click Full report to download a PDF version of the Discounts Breakdown. This PDF includes a full list of items that were discounted, their value, and the account numbers associated with each sale where a discount was applied.
Understanding the Discounts Breakdown table
The Discounts Breakdown table dedicates a column to each discount that you've created. Those columns are further segmented into Amount and Quantity which are detailed in the table below. To learn how to create more discounts, visit our Adding discounts article.
Discounts Breakdown table
|Amount||Combined monetary value of discounts issued.|
|Quantity||Number of discounts issued.|
|Total||Total monetary value of all discounts issued — all Amount(s) combined.|