The Draft Receipts report shows all receipts that were printed before payment was taken. Each row in the table represents a single order. This report helps you to identify and review receipts that were issued before payment was finalized, and can be used to print receipts, cancel receipts, and assess discrepancies or corrections made to an order.
Accessing the Draft Receipts Report
To access and generate the Draft Receipts Report:
- Log in to the Back Office with your Lightspeed Restaurant credentials.
- Select Reports > Reports from the navigation bar.
- Click Draft Receipts Report in the Account Reports section.
- Use the drop-down menu and calendar icon to change the report's time period.
Printing and filtering receipts
Print or zero in on specific receipts by using the following options in the Draft Receipts Report:
- Use the Search field to find a particular receipt. Searchable information includes Account name, Amount, Tender, Created by, Paid to, Device, Account, and Reference.
- Use the Show_entries drop-down menu to choose how many receipts should appear on a single page.
- Filter receipts by tag using the available drop-down if there are tags associated with specific device profiles in your Configurations. Note: this option does not appear if no tags are set up.
- To print single or multiple receipts, select the receipt(s) using the checkbox in the same row and click Print selected receipts.
- To download the report as a spreadsheet, click Export Receipts CSV > select your device (Mac or PC) > Export.
Viewing and managing receipt details
From the Draft Receipts Report, click on any receipt to see more details. From here, you can perform various actions and see more information specific to your chosen transaction.
Important: Be selective when adding transactions, canceling receipts, or changing payment types. Manipulating receipts after the end of the business day may invalidate reports already printed by the POS since those existing reports will no longer match the back-end data.
Draft Receipts Report Actions
|Print Receipt||Prints a single copy of the receipt. If no printer is connected, it downloads a PDF version of the receipt.|
|Email Receipt||Emails a copy of the receipt to the attached customer. This option only appears if a customer is attached to the sale.|
|Change payment type||Opens a new screen where the payment method can be changed. Note: action is not available in Germany, and does not appear on receipts that did not result in a final sale.
|Cancel Receipt||Voids the receipt. Note: this action cannot be undone. Choosing to cancel a receipt opens a new window where you can specify a reason for the cancelation|
|Save to text||Downloads a text file that includes information from both the Journal and Prints views.|
|Journal (view)||An event log used for auditing purposes and for tracking all actions performed on the selected check. Click an event from the list to see more details.|
|Prints (view)||Shows all printed versions of the chosen receipt, including production tickets sent to the kitchen or bar.|
The Receipt Report lists all completed transactions.
The All Accounts Reports lists all started accounts (orders) during the selected time period, including open orders.
The Open Accounts Report gives an overview of open orders for the selected time period.
The Canceled Accounts Report displays all canceled orders for the selected period.
The Account Transfers Report lists transfer operations.
The Transactions page displays all sale, void, and transitory operations for the selected period.
The Payments Report lists all closed orders alongside their respective payment methods.
On the Invoices Report, All transactions paid with the Invoice payment method are listed.