The Account Transfers report shows a list of receipts that were transferred from one account to another. This is useful when, for example, you’re tracking orders that were paid for by another table or when an item was mistakenly assigned to the wrong table and then fixed with a transfer. Use the Account Transfers report to see all occurrences of an order being transferred.
Accessing the Account Transfers report
To access and generate the Account Transfers report:
- Log in to the Back Office with your Lightspeed Restaurant credentials.
- Select Reports > Reports from the navigation bar.
- Click Account Transfers in the Account Reports section.
- Set the time period of the report using the arrows and calendar icon in the upper-right corner.
Printing and filtering receipts
Print or zero in on specific receipts with the following options in the Account Transfers report:
- Use the Search field to find a particular receipt. Searchable information includes Account name, Amount, Tender, Created by, Paid to, Device, Account, and Reference.
- Use the Show_entries drop-down menu to choose how many receipts should appear on a single page.
- Sort receipts by column by clicking the column header once for ascending order or twice for descending.
- If there are tags associated with specific device profiles in your Configurations, Filter receipts by tag using Filter drop-down. Note: this option does not appear if no tags are set up.
- To print one or more receipts, select the receipt(s) using the checkbox in the same row and click Print selected receipts.
- To download the report as a spreadsheet, click Export Receipts CSV > select your device (Mac or PC) > Export.
Adding a transaction
Manually add an unlisted transaction or correct an erroneous one by recreating it.
Important: Be selective when adding transactions, canceling receipts, or changing payment types. Manipulating receipts after the end of the business day may invalidate reports already printed by the POS since those existing reports will no longer match the back-end data.
Creating a new transaction from the Account Transfers report will create a finished transaction, not an account transfer.
- From the Account Transfers report, click Create a new transaction.
- Specify the Description, Amount, Payment method, Transaction Owner, and Accounting group
- (Optional) Include Tip, Payment method for gratuity, and Available tags.
- Click Create Transaction.
- Since you’re modifying past sales data, enter a meaningful reason for the change.
- Click Confirm to finish.
- Click Reload data to refresh the listed receipts. Accounts created in the back office appear in yellow, with BackOffice listed as the device.
Viewing and managing account details
Click on any receipt from the Account Transfers report to see more details. From here, you can perform various actions and see more information specific to your chosen transaction.
Account Transfers actions
|Print Receipt||Prints a single copy of the receipt. If no printer is connected, it downloads a PDF version of the receipt. This action only works on accounts where a draft receipt was printed.|
|Cancel Receipt||Voids the receipt. Note: this action cannot be undone. Choosing to cancel a receipt opens a new window where you can specify a reason for the cancelation.|
|Save to text||Downloads a text file that includes information from both the Journal and Prints views.|
|Journal (view)||An event log used for auditing purposes and for tracking all actions performed on the selected check. Click an event from the list to see more details.|
|Prints (view)||Shows all printed versions of the chosen receipt, including production tickets sent to the kitchen or bar.|
The reports linked below are additional Account Reports:
The Receipt Report shows all receipts created and paid for during the selected time period.
The Draft Receipt Reports lists receipts that have been printed but not yet paid.
The All Accounts Reports lists all started accounts (orders) during the selected time period, including open orders.
In the Canceled Accounts Report, all canceled orders during the selected period are displayed.
On the Transactions page, all sale, void, and transitory operations are displayed for the selected period.
In the Payments Report, all closed orders with their respective payment methods are listed.
On the Invoices Report, All transactions paid with the Invoice payment method are listed.