Customer invoices allow you to manage catering and wholesale orders within Lightspeed POS. By creating an invoice, you can manage orders or services that a customer can pay for at a later time via an existing payment method.
Creating a customer invoice involves two main steps. First, an order is processed via the POS for the items to be included on the invoice. Second, an invoice for that order is created from the POS or Back Office.
Processing an invoice order
Process an order in the Lightspeed Restaurant POS app using the Invoice payment method to generate a receipt. Once the transaction is complete, the transaction is added to the Accounts Receivable page in the Back Office. , allowing you to generate an invoice for your customer.
- In the Lightspeed Restaurant POS app, add items for the invoice to an order.
- Add a customer to the order. For step-by-step help, see Adding a customer to an order.
- When finished editing the order, tap Pay to tender it.
- Select the Invoice payment method.
- Tap Pay to complete the order.
Creating an invoice
After processing an invoice order, create an invoice for the order receipt at the POS or from the Back Office Accounts receivable page. Failure to complete the steps in this section or the following one will prevent you from settling the invoice when the customer pays for it.
Important: German accounts must create invoices from the Restaurant POS app as they are unable to do so from the Back Office.
Creating an invoice from the POS
- In the Lightspeed Restaurant POS app, tap Customers.
- Search for the customer from the invoice order previously processed.
- Tap View next to the customer's name to open their profile.
- Select Balance to view pending invoice transactions and open invoices for the customer.
- Tap Make invoice to create an invoice for all the customer's pending invoice orders.
- (Optional) To print or email a receipt-format invoice, follow steps 6a–6f:
- Tap Receipts on the navigation bar.
- Select the receipt for the invoice order, then tap Receipt actions.
- Tap Create Invoice.
- Tap Attach customer to invoice and select the customer associated with the invoice.
- Tap OK to create the receipt-format invoice.
- Tap Receipt actions again, then select Print or Email.
Creating an invoice from the Back Office
After processing an invoice order, create an invoice for the order receipt from the Back Office Accounts receivable page or in the POS app. Failure to complete the steps in this section or the previous one will prevent you from settling the invoice when the customer pays for it.
- Log in to the Back Office with your Lightspeed Restaurant credentials.
- From the navigation menu, go to Customers > Debtors > Accounts receivable.
- Select Pending transactions. This page will show order receipts paid by the Invoice payment method that have not been made into invoices.
- Click the + next to a customer to view all of their invoice orders.
- Check the box next to each receipt to include in the invoice, then click Make invoice to generate a single invoice for the selected receipts.
- (Optional) Enter a comment to appear near the top of the invoice.
- Click OK to create the invoice and move the transaction from Pending transactions to Open invoices.
- To view, print, or download the invoice, follow steps 8a–8d:
- Click Open invoices to view all unsettled invoices.
- Click the + next to the customer to view their open invoices.
- Select View invoice next to an invoice to open it on screen.