The Castles S1F2 terminal is quick and easy to set up with Lightspeed Payments. When you receive the terminal from Lightspeed, it will already be configured for your account, so all you will need to do is plug in and pair the terminal.
It is important that you only use the terminal supplied to you by Lightspeed, as any terminal obtained from a third party may not be correctly configured for your account and could present a security risk.
Plugging in the terminal
In your box, you should find:
- S1F2 payment terminal
- USB cable and power plug for charging
- SIM card*
- Receipt paper roll
Note: while a SIM card is provided by the manufacturer, we only support Wi-Fi terminal connections.
Before you can pair your S1F2 terminal with your Lightspeed account, you'll need to make sure it is charged and set up.
To do so:
- Insert the paper roll:
- Press on the sides of the paper roll cover to open the cover.
- Place the paper roll in the terminal , making sure a little paper sticks out over the contactless logo on the casing.
- Close the cover.
- Plug the USB charging cable into the terminal and a power source. You can continue with the setup while the battery charges, but be sure to charge the terminal for at least 4 hours when charging for the first time.
- Press and hold the Power button until the display turns on.
- On the Welcome screen, select your preferred language.
- Tap the right arrow button on the screen.
The terminal will prompt you to set up your Wi-Fi connection.
To power the terminal off, press and hold the power button until a dialog box appears, then confirm that you want to turn the terminal off.
Connecting the terminal to your network
In order to connect your terminal with your Lightspeed account, you'll need to make sure it's connected to your network via Wi-Fi.
To do so:
- On the Setup Wi-Fi screen, select the + sign.
- Turn on the WLAN toggle switch.
- Select your Wi-Fi network from the list, or select the + sign and add the name (SSID) of your Wi-Fi network.
- Enter your Wi-Fi password and tap connect.
- Tap OK.
You should then see a Wi-Fi symbol at the top of the screen.
Your terminal will be preconfigured with your store information. You will need to confirm your store before you can pair the terminal with your Lightspeed account.
To do so:
- Navigate back to the main menu by tapping the back arrow.
- Your store name will be displayed and you will be prompted to confirm your store. Tap the blue checkmark to confirm.
You are now ready to pair the terminal with your Lightspeed account.
Pairing the terminal with Lightspeed Payments
To prepare your account and terminal for payment processing, you'll need to:
- link the payment terminal to your account
- assign the terminal to a POS device
To link the payment terminal to your account:
- From the Back Office, navigate to Configuration > Hardware > Payment terminals.
- Click Add a new terminal.
- Enter the terminal name which will identify this terminal in your account. It can be whatever you like it to be, but whatever name you choose should distinguish this terminal from any others in your establishment. For example, choose a name that indicates where it will be located, such as "Take-out counter."
- Use the drop-down menu to select Lightspeed Payments - Adyen as the terminal type.
- Enter the terminal's IP address on your network. This can be obtained from the terminal by tapping Settings > Device info. It will be listed under Wi-Fi address.
- Enter the terminal ID. The terminal ID is comprised of the model number and serial number separated by a hyphen, for example, S1F2-000151234567890. The model and serial numbers can both be found by navigating to Settings > Device info.
- Optionally, check the print merchant and customer copy on the terminal checkbox to enable receipt printing on the terminal's onboard printer. Note that doing so will disable printing to any other receipt printer.
- Click Save.
The terminal will now be paired with your account, but not necessarily with your devices. In order for your POS device to use the terminal, you'll need to assign the terminal to that device in your back office.
Assigning the terminal to your POS device
With the terminal paired to your account, you are ready to assign your terminal to a POS device.
To do so:
- In the back office, navigate to Configuration > Devices > Devices.
- Click on the device you wish to assign the terminal to, or click Edit under Actions next to the device you wish to assign the terminal to.
- Use the drop-down menu next to Payment terminal to select the name of the terminal you've paired.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Update.
- Under configuration status, click the reload button. Alternately, on the device itself, you can tap Settings > Reload.
You are now able to process card payments using your payment terminal.