Reopening your restaurant after a hiatus or vacation period can be stressful. There's a lot to prepare: menus to review, staff to train, and recipes to revisit — and all while getting reacquainted with the ins and outs of operating your business. To help you prepare and reopen as soon as possible, we've created a guide with some quick tasks that you can complete to ensure that Lightspeed Restaurant is ready to perform and help you serve customers.
Checking your existing hardware
Forgot your Wi-Fi password? Check the bottom of the router for it. On UniFi and IgniteNet hardware, the default password is the router's serial number.
Checking your menu, products, and Back Office settings
Start checking your menu, products, and Back office settings by logging in to Lightspeed Restaurant Back Office:
Checking your plan and extra POS devices
Checking your network setup
New features and functionality
We are always releasing new features. You can read up on any updates you may have missed here:
Running a test transaction
Make sure that your restaurant is ready for business by logging in to the Lightspeed Restaurant app and running a test transaction.
We recommend logging in as a training user to run the test transaction so that your sales totals aren't affected.
- From the Lightspeed Restaurant app, clock in and open a new sales period.
Note: Missing employees from the clock-in screen? Only users selected within the POS user settings section of your POS configuration will appear here.
- Select a user and access the Register screen. From here, review your screens, buttons, sub-screen, combos, and modifiers.
- Tap several different items to add them to an order.
- Close the order by marking it as paid with Cash on the POS, and check the following:
- The production docket was printed as expected.
- The customer receipt was printed as expected.
- The cash drawer opened (if applicable).
- If you're using an integrated payment terminal, run a second transaction and mark it as paid with Credit card to ensure that the payment request reaches the terminal as expected.
- Cancel the transaction on your terminal and then clear it on the Restaurant app by tapping the red C on the Register screen's numeric keypad.
- Void the test transactions you just created by following steps 7a-7d.
- From the navigation menu, tap Receipts.
- Tap the receipt you want to void.
- On the receipt preview, tap the green menu icon to open a list of actions.
- Tap Void receipt .
Our team is here to help! You can chat with a live agent from Back Office by clicking Help > Chat with support. You can also chat with us here on the Help Center by clicking Chat in the bottom right corner. Lastly, you can reach our agents directly from the Restaurant app by going to Settings > Support > Chat now.
Click the button below to see more options.