The Sales dashboard gives a quick, graphical overview of sales performance. From this dashboard, you can compare sales performance between different time periods and easily access additional reports if particular numbers require more information.
Customize the dashboard according to your business needs to have essential reporting data readily available at a glance. This report includes data on total revenue, bestsellers, top-selling employees, cash reports, best customers, popular payment methods, and shift performance.
Understanding the sales overview
Get an overview of your daily gross sales, the weather, and the impression (the stars to rate the day’s performance by POS users when opening a sales period) illustrated by a line chart.
- Log in to the Back Office with your Lightspeed Restaurant credentials.
- Select Reports > Sales dashboard from the navigation bar.
- To adjust the reporting period, follow steps 4a–4c:
- Click the calendar icon.
- Define the period: Day, Week, Month, Year.
- Click Apply.
- Review sales overview data.
- Hover over the chart to get the exact amount of gross sales for the selected time.
- (Optional) To compare gross sales of two selected time periods, follow steps 6a-6d:
- Toggle on Compare data.
- Set a start date from the first calendar.
- Set an end date from the second calendar.
- Click Compare.
Sales overview data
|Closed receipts||Number of receipts that have been settled.|
|Open receipts||Number of receipts that have not been settled yet.|
|Net total||Revenue excluding taxes.
Calculation: Total item sales + service charges - discounts - voids.
|Tax total||Tax share of Gross total.|
|Gross total||Revenue excluding taxes.
Calculation: Total item sales + service charges + discounts - voids.