With Lightspeed Payments, you can manually enter a customer's credit card information during a sale. This is useful if you need to take an order over the phone or if a customer's card has been damaged and cannot be read by the payment terminal.
Note: Manually processing a credit card offers less protection against chargebacks and incurs higher fees than processing a card with the payment terminal. We recommend using manual entry only when necessary. For more information, visit our article on Preventing chargebacks.
Enabling manual entry payments
To begin accepting manual entry payments, you must enable this feature in your Lightspeed Back Office.
- Log in to the Back Office with your Lightspeed Restaurant account credentials.
- From the navigation menu, select Configuration > Settings > Payment methods.
- Select Add a payment method.
- Select the Payment method type as Lightspeed Payments - Adyen Manual Keyed Entry.
- Click Save.
- Restart your Lightspeed Payments payment terminal.
Processing manual entry payments
- From the Order screen, add all items and discounts to the sale.
- Tap Pay.
- Tap the Lightspeed Payments Manual Entry payment type.
- Follow the prompts on your Lightspeed Payments payment terminal to enter the credit card number and expiration date on the terminal.
- Complete the payment on the terminal.
- Once the payment is successfully processed, the terminal will display the approved payment.
Reporting with manual entry payments
All transactions processed through Lightspeed Payments are available in the Payment Transactions report. For more information, see our article Understanding the Payment Transactions report.