The Payments report shows a complete list of all closed orders alongside their respective payment method. Each payment includes the Type, Date, ID, Account, Sold by, Device, Amount, Payment method, and Destination.
Accessing the Payments report
To access and generate the Payments report:
- Log in to the Back Office with your Lightspeed Restaurant credentials.
- Select Reports > Reports from the navigation bar.
- Click Payments in the Account Reports section.
- Set the time period of the report using the arrows and calendar icon in the upper-right corner.
Searching and filtering accounts
Zero in on specific accounts with the following options in the Payments report:
- Use the Search field to find particular payments. Searchable information includes Account name, Amount, Tender, Created by, Paid to, Device, Account, and Reference.
- Use the Show_entries drop-down menu to choose how many payments should appear on a single page.
- Sort payments by column by clicking the column header once for ascending order or twice for descending.
- If there are tags associated with specific device profiles in your Configurations, Filter payments by tag using Filter drop-down. Note: this option does not appear if no tags are set up.
- To download the report as a spreadsheet, click Export Payments CSV > select your device (Mac or PC) > Export.
Understanding Payment types
In the Payments report, payments are listed with a Type that describes the account. Refer to the table below for descriptions of what these types represent.
|Float||A cash drop or lift from the cash drawer.|
|Payment||Paid and completed transaction.|
|Transfer||Tender transfer created through a transfer operation.|
|Transitory||An account that was still open at the end of a business day and moved to the next day.|
|Update||An account that was created to revert/recreate a payment.|
|Void||Payment was canceled/deleted.|
The reports linked below are additional Account Reports:
The Receipt Report shows all receipts created and paid for during the selected time period.
The Draft Receipt Reports lists receipts that have been printed but not yet paid.
The All Accounts Reports lists all started accounts (orders) during the selected time period, including open orders.
The Open Accounts report gives an overview of open orders for the selected time period.
In the Canceled Accounts Report, all canceled orders during the selected period are displayed.
The Transactions page displays all sale, void, and transitory operations for the selected period.
On the Invoices Report, All transactions paid with the Invoice payment method are listed.