A printing profile includes the settings that control whether a printer will print copies of receipts or order tickets as well as whether another printer should be used as a backup printer. After creating a printer profile, you can link it to a floor plan, POS device, or POS configuration.
Linking a printing profile to a floor plan
If you want to associate printouts to a specific area of your business, you can apply a printing profile to a floor plan. To learn more, please access Floor plans and tables.
Linking a printing profile to a device
The purpose of associating a print profile with a device is that you instruct the device to use that profile to print receipts or notes.
Profiles linked in this way should only be used if for some reason it is necessary to assign a special purpose to a certain printer, as this configuration trumps the settings in a POS configuration.
- From the main navigation bar of the Back Office, go to Configuration > Devices > Devices.
- Select Edit next to the desired device.
- Under Printing configuration select the printing profile for customer receipts and notes via the drop-down menu.
Note: All previously created printer profiles under Configuration > Printing > Printing profiles are shown here
- Select Update to link the profile to the device.
Linking a printing profile to a POS configuration
Linking a printing profile to a POS configuration ensures that a group of devices uses the same configuration. This helps to ensure all devices in a group print the same way, and a change in a printing profile is automatically applied to every device in the group.
To link a printing profile to a POS configuration:
- From the navigation bar, go to Configuration > Configurations.
- Click the name of the Configuration you wish to edit.
- Click the Receipts tab, and then select the Default printing profile for receipts from the available drop-down menu.
Note: All previously created printer profiles under Configuration > Printing > Printing profiles are shown here.
- Select Save to link the profile to the configuration.