Logging in to the Restaurant POS (K) app for the first time includes downloading the app from the App Store and using a connection code to authenticate your account.
Need to clock in and out of a user shift? See Clocking in and out.
Install the app
To install the Lightspeed Restaurant POS (K Series) app, from your device:
- Ensure your device is connected to your secure Wi-Fi network and a power source.
- Go to the App Store.
- Search for and download the Lightspeed Restaurant POS (K) app.
- Submit your Apple credentials for authorizing the app download.
Generate an app connection code
To activate or log on to the Lightspeed Restaurant app, you’ll need a connection code.
A connection code is a secure and unique credential used for logging in to Lightspeed Restaurant app for the first time. Depending on your POS configuration and users, your establishment may need multiple connection codes.
Please note that you'll need a connection code to log in to the Restaurant POS (K) app each time the app is downloaded on a device. To view or create a connection code(s):
- Log in to the Back Office with your admin credentials
- Go to the Configuration > Devices > Connection codes.
- Select Click here to create a new connection code.
- Once created, you’ll be able to view your connection code as either a numerical or QR code.
Log in to the Lightspeed Restaurant POS (K) app
To connect to the Restaurant POS app:
- As always, ensure your device is connected to your secure WiFi network and a power source.
- Open the Restaurant POS (K) app from your device.
- From the Restaurant POS login screen, you can manually enter or use your iOS camera to scan the connection code.
After connecting to Lightspeed Restaurant, learn about how users can manage shifts and clock in or out. See About users.
For help resetting a PIN code used to clock in or out or to access the Restaurant POS app, see Resetting your PIN code.