The Text Messages Report lists all text messages used on the POS device over a selected period. Text messages include any subitem with the Item entered by user feature enabled (this setting is found when creating or editing items). These messages indicate notes or modifications made to an order, such as "extra toppings," "dressing on the side," or general notices such as "faster" or "important customer." Use the Text Messages Report to see what information your front staff communicates to the kitchen and what modifications are requested most often.
Accessing the Text Messages Report
To access the Text Messages report:
- Log in to the Back Office using your Lightspeed credentials.
- Select Reports > Reports from the navigation menu.
- Click Text Messages Report in the Sales Reports section.
- Use the drop-down menu and calendar icon in the upper-right corner to change the report's time period.
- (Optional) If the staff uses a text message multiple times, click Multiple in the Items and Staff columns to get a list with all usages and related info like Date, Account, Items, and Staff.
The reports linked below are additional Sales Reports:
Business reports give a quick overview of important business data, such as profits, losses, and taxes.
Products Reports display an overview of sold products for the selected time period categorized by Total, Discounted, Offered, Loss, Returned, Transaction, Margin, and Cost.
Product Mix Reports give an overview of product sales broken down by accounting groups, account profiles, statistical categories, and products.
In the Shifts Report, gross (Sales) and net results (Takings) are broken down by reporting shift periods.
Staff Reports provide sales data for each staff member who used the POS during the selected time period.
Hourly Performance shows the gross sales amount by day of the week in the selected time period.
KDS Statistics shows the number of products prepared, the fastest, slowest, and average preparation time, as well as the total time it took to prepare the items.