The Products Report offers a breakdown of sales by individual item, displaying an overview of products sold categorized by Total, Discounted, Offered, Loss, Returned, Transaction, Margin, and Cost. Using this report, you can quickly assess your most popular products, see which are most profitable, and get a sense of when these items sell best.
Table of contents:
Accessing the Products Report
To access the Products Report:
- Log in to the Back Office using your Lightspeed credentials.
- Select Reports > Reports from the navigation menu.
- Click Products Report in the Sales Report section.
- Use the drop-down menu and calendar icon in the upper-right corner to change the report's time period.
- (Optional) Adjust filters to include All products (default) or Only sold products.
- (Optional) Use the drop-down menu contained within the report to filter the report based on a particular shift, employee, or POS device.
- (Optional) Sort the Products Report by alphabetical order, quantity (number of items), or amount (value of items).
Accessing the product heatmap
To see when sales are best for particular items:
- Click the name of the accounting group to see the sold products.
- Click the graph icon beside the item's name, and you will see a heatmap illustrating when the item sold most according to the time of day (24-hour clock) and day of the week.
Understanding the Display views
For descriptions of the various Display Views found in this report, see the table below.
|Accounting||Overview of products for a defined time period, sorted by accounting groups (categories). Accounting groups are listed under Menu management > Accounting groups in the Back Office. See About item categories for more information.|
|Account profiles||Overview of products for a defined time period, sorted by account profiles. Account profiles are listed under Configuration > Settings > Account profiles in the Back Office. See About order settings for more information.|
|Categorical||Overview of products for a defined period, sorted by category.|
The reports linked below are additional Sales Reports:
Business reports give a quick overview of important business data, such as profits, losses, and taxes.
Product Mix Reports give an overview of product sales broken down by accounting groups, account profiles, statistical categories, and products.
In the Shifts Report, gross (Sales) and net results (Takings) are broken down by reporting shift periods.
Staff Reports provide sales data for each staff member who used the POS during the selected time period.
Device Reports provide Sales data for each POS device used during the selected time period.
Hourly Performance shows the gross sales amount by day of the week in the selected time period.
Text Messages Reports list all custom notes entered on the POS device during the selected period.
KDS Statistics shows the number of products prepared, the fastest, slowest, and average preparation time, as well as the total time it took to prepare the items.