If you use a kitchen display system (KDS), use the KDS Statistics report to see the total number of products prepared, the average preparation times for each product, and which products are prepared fastest or slowest. This report makes it easier to assess how long it takes to serve different orders, letting you make informed decisions about the menu and staffing. For example, use this report to see which dishes are taking more time than expected to leave the kitchen or if particular days and service periods are seeing a lower-than-expected performance. Each row on the table of this report represents a single menu item.
Accessing KDS Statistics
To access the KDS Statistics report:
- Log in to the Back Office using your Lightspeed credentials.
- Select Reports > Reports from the navigation menu.
- Click KDS Statistics in the Sales Report section.
- Use the drop-down menu and calendar icon in the upper-right corner to change the report's time period.
- (Optional) Click View graphs within the respective row to view detailed information about an item's production time. For descriptions of the available graphs, see Viewing KDS Statistics graphs.
Viewing KDS Statistics graphs
After clicking View graphs within the KDS Statistics report, the two available graphs are Heatmap and Modes. Choose the graph you prefer or use both to track a product's average preparation time.
- On the vertical axis, the Heatmap shows a line representing the item's total production time in minutes.
- On the horizontal axis, the Heatmap displays a 24-hour timeline indicating when the item was made during the day.
Note: Hover over a column to get the exact production time in minutes and seconds.
- Below the column chart, the item's production time is displayed according to the day of the week. This lets you know which day and time a particular item takes the longest to prepare.
- Switch to the Modes tab to view a time-listing with seconds shown on the left side, representing the item's production time. Bars indicate how frequently the item was created (the exact number of orders appear on the right) at each particular speed.
The reports linked below are additional Sales Reports:
Business reports give a quick overview of important business data, such as profits, losses, and taxes.
Products Reports display an overview of sold products for the selected time period categorized by Total, Discounted, Offered, Loss, Returned, Transaction, Margin, and Cost.
Product Mix Reports give an overview of product sales broken down by accounting groups, account profiles, statistical categories, and products.
In the Shifts Report, gross (Sales) and net results (Takings) are broken down by reporting shift periods.
Device Reports provide Sales data for each POS device used during the selected time period.
Hourly Performance shows the gross sales amount by day of the week in the selected time period.
Text Messages Reports list all custom notes entered on the POS device during the selected period.