Congratulations on your purchase of Lightspeed Restaurant (K Series)! We have numerous tools and resources available to guide you through each step of the go-live process. The Restaurant (K Series) Help Center is your essential software guide, whether you are setting up Lightspeed Restaurant for the first time or have a quick question on the go. Our Onboarding team coordinates your onboarding sessions - tutorials to help you configure your account when first getting started. Along the way, our Support team is available 24/7 to help answer your questions, before and after you go live with Lightspeed Restaurant.
This Getting started guide contains the basic up flow for getting your Lightspeed Restaurant (K Series) up and running. In this guide, we’ll discuss how to set up your account in the following order:
- First steps: Welcome to Lightspeed! Learn how to log in to your account and what basic requirements you’ll need to get started. We recommend reading through this information before your first onboarding training sessions.
- Menu management: Learn how to configure your menus for the POS app. In this section, we’ll discuss how to create items, modifiers, combos, categories and menus. You can also import a file of this information to reduce the manual steps of creating items one by one.
- Account set up: After you’ve set up your menus on the Back Office, you’ll need to configure other important account details. In this section, learn how to create users, floor plans, customers and configure important account settings.
- Hardware and payments: One of the most important components of your account setup includes configuring hardware devices used with Lightspeed Restaurant (K Series) software. In this section, confirm the settings and setup related to POS app devices, printers and payments.
- Restaurant POS (K) app: You’ve set up your account from the Back Office, now learn how to navigate the POS (point-of-sale) app! The POS (K) app is where you process orders and payments at your establishment.