These instructions only apply to the new Lightspeed gift card version. If you are using the old gift card version and want to switch, follow the instructions in our Setting up gift cards 2.0 article.
If you are with Lightspeed Payments, you can sell gift cards online by enabling and configuring the gift card web store in Back Office. You can sell two types of gift cards online: custom amount and fixed-value. Once you've finished setting it up, share the web store's dedicated URL with your customers. After a customer purchases a gift card, they will receive an email with a QR code they can redeem in-store at the POS.
Enabling the gift card web store
- Log in to your K-Series Back Office.
- Navigate to Customers > Gift Cards > Settings in the main navigation menu.
- Scroll to the Gift card web store section and toggle on Enable web store.
- (Optional) After you enable the web store, you can upload a profile image as the web store background. The image must be a .jpg or .png file up to 1 MB with an image resolution of at least 1080 pixels. The web store will default to a white background if you do not upload an image.
- (Required) Click the checkbox for each gift card type you want to offer to your customers. You can enable a custom amount gift card, fixed-value gift cards, or both. For a description of the gift card types, view the following table.
- Click Save.
Gift card types
|Custom amount||Customers can enter a custom amount for the gift card. This amount cannot exceed the maximum balance set in your Back Office. Click the checkbox to enable this option.|
|Fixed-value||A fixed-value gift card is a gift card set at a price that cannot be edited by your customers. Click the checkbox to enable this option and enter an amount in the field. This amount cannot exceed the maximum balance. If you want to create multiple fixed-value gift cards, click + Add another amount. You can create as many fixed-value gift cards as you need.|
Sharing the web store with your customers
Once you’ve enabled and configured your web store, click the Web store link to view it. You can copy and paste this link where your customers can access it, such as your social media accounts or your restaurant’s website.
When a gift card is purchased through your web store, it will appear under Customers > Gift cards > All cards in your Back Office. View our Managing gift cards 2.0 in Back Office article to learn more.