Mews is a property management system (PMS) designed to streamline and automate hotel operations. Through integration with Lightspeed Restaurant, Mews centralizes point-of-sale (POS) revenue streams, enables guest room billing, and provides full revenue posting for all sales, even if they aren’t linked to individual guests.
To use the Mews integration, you’ll need a Mews account. If you haven’t created an account yet, visit Mews to get started.
Setting up the Mews integration
Setting up the Mews integration directly
Merchants in Europe (excluding the United Kingdom) can set up the Mews integration directly through Mews. For merchants in other regions, refer to Setting up the Mews integration through Omniboost.
- Contact Mews to request your K-series access token.
- Open Mews Operations and follow these steps to retrieve your access token.
- Log in to the Back Office with your Lightspeed Restaurant credentials.
- From the navigation menu, select Configuration > Settings > Payment methods.
- Select Add a payment method.
- Set up a "Charge to room" payment method.
- Payment method type: select Charge to room from the drop-down menu.
- PMS Server: select Mews from the drop-down menu.
- Send every receipt: enable this option to activate full revenue posting.
- Include accounting categories: enable this option to send mapping to the PMS.
- Server address: enter the address https://api.mews.com.
- Access token: enter the access token provided by Mews.
For businesses located in Italy, contact Support to activate the "do not print a receipt" feature to avoid double taxation.
- Complete the account mapping on both Mews and Lightspeed. For more information about how to complete account mapping, consult How to complete Lightspeed K-series mapping.
Once you’ve finished setting up the Mews integration, test the integration to make sure it has been configured correctly. To test the integration, go back to Payment methods and see if the mapping is available. If the mapping shows up, then that means the communication has been established and you’re ready to start using the integration.
Setting up the Mews integration through Omniboost
Merchants in the United Kingdom, United States, Canada, and Australia must set up the Mews integration through Omniboost, a third-party application that allows Lightspeed Restaurant to connect to Mews in regions where the integration is not directly available.
- Contact your Lightspeed Account Manager and request the Mews integration. They will raise an onboarding request with Omniboost.
- Follow the steps in the Omniboost Mews Integration guide.
Frequently asked questions
Yes, full revenue posting is supported.
Yes, please reach out to your account manager for details.
Please reach out to email@example.com for any integration questions.