The Shifts Report shows sales and payments according to your pre-configured reporting shifts. This report is especially informative for restaurants with distinct menus and sales periods (e.g., breakfast, lunch, dinner) who want to see a report that gauges sales performance for these times. In the Shifts Report, earnings are broken down by gross results (Sales) and net results (Takings).
Table of contents:
Accessing the Shifts Report
To access the Shifts Report:
- Log in to the Back Office using your Lightspeed credentials.
- Select Reports > Reports from the navigation menu.
- Click Shifts Report in the Sales Report section.
- Set the time period of the report using the calendar icon and drop-down menu in the upper-right corner.
- (Optional) Use the drop-down menu contained within the report to filter the results by employee or POS device.
- (Optional) Configure reporting shifts.
Configuring reporting shifts
The Shifts Report requires pre-defined shift periods. To add or adjust reporting shifts, use the following steps:
- From the Shifts Report, click Configure your shifts.
Note: the same page can also be accessed via Configurations > Settings > Reporting Shifts.
- Click +Add new shift if additional shifts are needed.
- Slide the yellow buttons on the hour scale to set the start period of a shift.
Note: the scale always covers 24 hours. By default, the day begins at 5:30 and ends at 5:29. To change business day hours, contact Support.
- If you need to remove a shift, click X to delete it.
- Click Apply changes to confirm.
The reports linked below are additional Sales Reports:
Business reports give a quick overview of important business data, such as profits, losses, and taxes.
Products Reports display an overview of sold products for the selected time period categorized by Total, Discounted, Offered, Loss, Returned, Transaction, Margin, and Cost.
Product Mix Reports give an overview of product sales broken down by accounting groups, account profiles, statistical categories, and products.
Staff Reports provide sales data for each staff member who used the POS during the selected time period.
Device Reports provide Sales data for each POS device used during the selected time period.
Hourly Performance shows the gross sales amount by day of the week in the selected time period.
Text Messages Reports list all custom notes entered on the POS device during the selected period.
KDS Statistics shows the number of products prepared, the fastest, slowest, and average preparation time, as well as the total time it took to prepare the items.